Super Contributor

Re: Marula Oil and clogged pores

On 1/17/2014 ForTheLuv said:
On 1/16/2014 Rochester Shopper said:

OMG, I thought I was using 100% marula oil! Thanks HappyDaze and SuzyQ3!

That is what you get for not reading ingredient decks and thinking just because you spend too much money it is going to be BETTER and "pure". LOL...

I agree, my mistake. The on-air presentation sure made me think I was getting 100% marula oil, and there was no ingredient listing on the website. However, I don't think it was necessary to be rude and say, "That's what you get...". Also, I never said I thought it was better because it was more expensive. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Not applicable

Marula is -as published on the ingredient label-- pure Marula oil -- 99% oil --with a 1% blend of essential oils that have complimentary qualities for skin care plus add a subtle scent. It may be that this causes irritation for some, but I love the stuff! It appears the blemish reaction you experienced could come from skin reacting to one or more of the essential oils... Was it clogged pores or irritation? Glad you found a product that works for you. Also, it might help to use a gentle scrub as pores can get clogged by dead skin or a variety of other debris.
Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2014 Carp80m said: Marula is -as published on the ingredient label-- pure Marula oil -- 99% oil --with a 1% blend of essential oils that have complimentary qualities for skin care plus add a subtle scent. It may be that this causes irritation for some, but I love the stuff! It appears the blemish reaction you experienced could come from skin reacting to one or more of the essential oils... Was it clogged pores or irritation? Glad you found a product that works for you. Also, it might help to use a gentle scrub as pores can get clogged by dead skin or a variety of other debris.

Personally, I think the inclusion of all those fragrant oils is not complementary to the marula oil itself. I think they are not only not necessary but are known irritants. As for the scent, I don't see any need for that either. I just sprayed a drop of my 100 percent pure marula oil onto my hand to test the smell. I really can't detect a scent.

My Shea Terra Organics virgin Marula oil costs $18 for two ounces in an amber bottle with a pump. The Leakey oil costs $78 for 1.67 ounces. Seems as if you're paying quite a bit for those unnecessary additions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 1/23/2014 Carp80m said: Marula is -as published on the ingredient label-- pure Marula oil -- 99% oil --with a 1% blend of essential oils that have complimentary qualities for skin care plus add a subtle scent. It may be that this causes irritation for some, but I love the stuff! It appears the blemish reaction you experienced could come from skin reacting to one or more of the essential oils... Was it clogged pores or irritation? Glad you found a product that works for you. Also, it might help to use a gentle scrub as pores can get clogged by dead skin or a variety of other debris.

Hi Carp80m, I did not have any irritation, just clogged pores.