Honored Contributor

Re: Marula Oil and clogged pores

The Maruia oil by Acure Orgnics is wonderful. Non greasy, no scent, absorbs quickly. Love it. Maybe your skin doesn't like Marula oil.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Rochester Shopper, I'm pretty sure that your Leakey marula oil is not just marula oil but has some other ingredients in it.

I use pure marula from Shea Terra Organics without any problems. But of course, we're all different.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Yup:

ingredients for Marula The Leakey Collection Omega Rich Pure Marula Oil

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

oh yikes, I'd be having all kinds of issues with some of those ingredients in that supposed marula oil! My face would look like it was on fire if I used it. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

OP, try 100% marula oil as many of the ingredients in the one you were using could have caused any number of issues.

Super Contributor

OMG, I thought I was using 100% marula oil! Thanks HappyDaze and SuzyQ3!

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 Rochester Shopper said:

Oh, I'm so glad that information helped, Rochester Shopper. Sometimes you never know. Wink

The reason I remembered that the Leakey oil had other stuff in it was that I had come across it a couple months ago when "researching" marula oil. I think a reviewer on Amazon mentioned it. I thought it was so strange.

And the price I saw was even stranger. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

You are welcome RS but it was Suzy that caught that. Smiley Happy I was as shocked as you about it containing all those other ingredients! I was just surprised you had issues with clogged pores because several of my friends use it too (some are oily and some are drier like me) and none of us have had any issues with it. Doesn't mean it can't happen, of course. Smiley Happy

Suzy, I've seen this brand before but never looked further into it because of the price but I was always under the assumption it was PURE argan oil too, like RS! I had no idea it contained all that other stuff. Ya learn something new every day!

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Oh, I'm so glad that information helped, Rochester Shopper. Sometimes you never know. Wink

The reason I remembered that the Leakey oil had other stuff in it was that I had come across it a couple months ago when "researching" marula oil. I think a reviewer on Amazon mentioned it. I thought it was so strange.

And the price I saw was even stranger. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

The price was up there! I think I got it on HSN, and I never would have gotten it if I thought it wasn't 100% marula. They probably said 100% "pure" marula, and I took that as 100% marula. *grumble grumble*

Super Contributor

On 1/16/2014 HappyDaze said:

Bella, yes, I use paula's choice BHA lotion every morning. I have not had any issues with any of the oils I use regularly causing any issues like pimples, blackheads or whiteheads but I have never really had those issues before anyway.

This is the key point!!! For people that have problem skin, oils can be disastrous. They can be good too. The point is that it CAN and DOES affect some people negatively.

NO....bha is not going to "prevent" pores from clogging in all people. Yes it helps, but if a product is going to break you out, BHA can only help clean out the pores afterward. It does not prevent breakouts caused by other product use.

Super Contributor

That is what you get for not reading ingredient decks and thinking just because you spend too much money it is going to be BETTER and "pure". LOL...