Super Contributor

Marula Oil and clogged pores

I have been using The Leakey Collection Marula oil for several months and started getting clogged pores, which I never get. So, I stated using the Foreo Luna Mini cleaner for a few weeks. The Luna gave some results. Then I stopped using the Marula oil, and after a week without Marula and using my Luna, I noticed my clogged pores were back to normal. I realized that I just can't use Marula oil on my face. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Anyone else find they have problems with Marula Oil clogging pores?

Super Contributor

Re: Marula Oil and clogged pores

I read somewhere that some long-time oil use can lead to clogged pores. But of course, not for everybody! Don't know if it's the type of oil or ALL oil for these individuals. Just happy you're back to normal! :-)
Super Contributor

Oils in general can be VERY pore-clogging for many people. It is highly debatable by those who love them, but the fact remains that there is a REASON that so many companies make OIL-FREE products.....because some people CANNOT USE THEM.v

Honored Contributor

I haven't tried Marula oil outside of a tester in the store, which I didn't use on my face. I use a variety of oils and coconut oil is the only one that's clogged my mores. Thanks for the alert about Marula oil. I was planning on getting some in the future and will make a note to get a sample size, first.

Honored Contributor

I was wondering what you mean by "clogged pores"? Do mean pimples, blackheads, whiteheads or something else?
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Wouldn't regular use of BHA keep pores from clogging? HD, don't you do that? I know you love your oils!

RS - are you enjoying the Luna?

Honored Contributor

Bella, yes, I use paula's choice BHA lotion every morning. I have not had any issues with any of the oils I use regularly causing any issues like pimples, blackheads or whiteheads but I have never really had those issues before anyway.

Super Contributor

On 1/16/2014 HappyDaze said: I was wondering what you mean by "clogged pores"? Do mean pimples, blackheads, whiteheads or something else?

more like blackheads that aren't black. They make my pores look bigger, too.

Super Contributor

On 1/16/2014 BellaCarro said:

Wouldn't regular use of BHA keep pores from clogging? HD, don't you do that? I know you love your oils!

RS - are you enjoying the Luna?

Bella, Yes, I am very much. I have the mini. I tried the Clarisonic, even with the most sensitive brush, and it was just too harsh for me. I can use the Luna as much as I want with no irritation or stinging afterwards! Very gentle, and cleans as well or better than Clarisonic. No brush heads to buy. You just dry it with a towel, and very portable.

Super Contributor

On 1/16/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I haven't tried Marula oil outside of a tester in the store, which I didn't use on my face. I use a variety of oils and coconut oil is the only one that's clogged my mores. Thanks for the alert about Marula oil. I was planning on getting some in the future and will make a note to get a sample size, first.

I have not had any problems with argan oil or rose hips oil at all.