Valued Contributor

Can not say anything about Martino case as I have not seen the video, but always thought he was very touchy.The timing if it was Dec.28 close to New Years Eve maybe there was drinking going on behind the set.

But on the Q I thought there were a few vendors that appeared very touchy to the models years ago.I know the designers always  try to arrange their clothing on the models which I think wasn't necessary. Always thought  Stan Herman was out of line many times along with Dennis Basso. Did recall when Rachel Ray was selling her products years ago and   was so touchy to David V one time, he looked very uncomfortable, they took a break which was odd and  when they came back Rachel was off the stage,did not remember if I saw her ever again selling, she did have someone from her company appearing after that time.

Respected Contributor

I'm clueless about this guy, never watched that channel, however, we need to teach our girls not to tolerate ANY creepy behavior and respect yourself enough to remove yourself if you are in a bad situation.

I totally agree with the comments some have made about Stan and Dennis Basso....last time Dennis was on, Courtney literally backed up so he couldn't get to her.  I've seen other hosts and models do the same.  Can't stand the guy!  He's disgusting to me. Cat Mad

Trusted Contributor

Re: Martino Fired

[ Edited ]

@kindred cats wrote:

I'm clueless about this guy, never watched that channel, however, we need to teach our girls not to tolerate ANY creepy behavior and respect yourself enough to remove yourself if you are in a bad situation.

I totally agree with the comments some have made about Stan and Dennis Basso....last time Dennis was on, Courtney literally backed up so he couldn't get to her.  I've seen other hosts and models do the same.  Can't stand the guy!  He's disgusting to me. Cat Mad

We need to teach both boys and girls..

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kindred cats wrote:

I have absolutely no respect for Dennis Basso.  His use of the Lord's name is extremely distasteful and offensive.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch  to be fair, Dimitri asked if he could touch them before doing so, he then said he has a license to do so as an aesthitician if the subject agrees. 

There are 2 (hair) product owners at the Q I can think of that is/was very touchy feely and no one appearantly has a problem there, neither the models or posters here.

I watched Martino the night of Dec 28th, I checked the vid on YT to make sure it was the show I watched, Martino did nothing different to the models then seen by the 2 vender/owners I mentioned above.

And you can bet if alcohol was detected on Martino that night he would never been allowed on stage or if the host or models detected any odor of it he would have been canked off that stage in a heartbeat.

I beat someone somewhere holds a grudge with Martino and this rumor is a payback. jmo

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Last night, Dimitri James was applying cream to the female host's upper arm and just now he was pressing his finger on the female host's decollate.

Just sayin'. 

I watched that as well but Dmitri is anything but touchy-creepy.  He's all about his products. He's respectful to the models. This kind of issue needs to stay in the "case by case" category.  

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Last night, Dimitri James was applying cream to the female host's upper arm and just now he was pressing his finger on the female host's decollate.

Just sayin'. 

@JeanLouiseFinch  Can't see the point of him doing that since he is married to a man.

@proudlyfromNJ  Why should that matter? So secksual preference makes a difference?  That's discriminatory.  He's still touching someone in an area that could be considered by some to be too personal.  It's no different than Mario touching someone.  Both men are professionals and some touching happens during demos. I didn't find it inappropriate at all, just pointing out the double standard.  I doubt HSN will axe Dimitri since he just won eight beauty awards and is a big cash cow for them. 

There's a difference between the male presenters and therein lies the truth. Intentions matter - this type of behavior has to be viewed on an individual basis. I'm very critical too and watching Dimitri with the models had zero Eeek Eeek effects on me - as opposed to the CREEPY offensive hairdresser guy. These men and their behaviors are VERY different.  

Respected Contributor

This notice says it's an employment termination case, not defamation. Is it possible there's misinformation on the internet? Heaven forbid!

Screenshot (43).png

Super Contributor

@Mimi NY 

Sorry I missed the Rachel Ray thing!

Honored Contributor
I remember years ago Rick Domeier used to make comments along the lines of "I'm not supposed to touch the models" during his jewelry shows. He would go over to them and adjust necklaces and bracelets, etc.

The way he made the comments was a bit snide, as if perhaps he had been spoken to about doing that and didn't like that. It was cringeworthy when he would say that.

Don't know anything about this Martino guy, now I want to watch the video.

Touching is inappropriate if it makes the recipient uncomfortable, that's the law. Male and female hosts and vendors need to be educated about these laws.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"