Frequent Contributor

Martino Cartier,a hairstylist and vendor on HSN is suing HSN for firing him in January 2023 after he was accused of inappropriate touching and appearing to be intoxicated during his shows in December 2022,which Martino denies. He recently filed a defamation lawsuit against HSN for 50 million dollars 

Honored Contributor

Old news.  He posted to Facebook about it months ago.

Respected Contributor

@staceyluvsyou That was news to me. I am not on Facebook, so I did not know about the accusations or the suit. Thank you for posting.

Frequent Contributor

I didn't know either.  Thanks for posting this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Martino Fired

[ Edited ]

I hope and pray the inappropriate behavior isn't true.  I'm sure anything is possible, but so are false accusations.  What I do know about him, I like and respect, and I accept him as a brother in Christ.  I listened to him tell his adoption story before and was touched by it,  

Trusted Contributor

It was discussed in great detail on HSN boards.  There are videos showing what he did on air plus models complained as well as viewers called in and wanted to know why he was being allowed to do it. Apparently it's obvious due to the models looking very uncomfortable. Quite a few of those who posted watched it live and many of them called in to ask what the heck was going on with his behavior.

Instead of him going public and attempting to win  a sympathetic public vote, I would think being concerned of the videos showing his behavior, complaints from the people he inappropriately touched and viewer complaints would be more important.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

I was watching one of his Gabor Wig shows on HSN in Dec and I did notice him being too touchy-feely with a particular model and I thought how inappropriate it was on live TV and the model did seem uncomfortable.  A poster mentioned in Jan that Martino was let go by HSN for inappropriate conduct, so apparently, it was noticed by alot of viewers, he made me cringe with his behavior.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched him that day on air, he was drunk. He was on air with the woman who used to dance that was his friend with the hair tools. 

It was so awkward to watch him. Martino also used to say to email him when he was going to give away free t-shirts, he never answered any of us.

Regular Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I watched him that day on air, he was drunk. He was on air with the woman who used to dance that was his friend with the hair tools. 

It was so awkward to watch him. Martino also used to say to email him when he was going to give away free t-shirts, he never answered any of us.

Oh yeah...now I remember him. He had a styling tool with Paula Abdul. I don't watch HSN as much, but I used to watch Valerie Stup's beauty show, and he appeared on there via Skype. I didn't know about this story at all.

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, what's the inappropriate touching, that he touched models' necks and shoulders?