Esteemed Contributor

Re: Martha and Shawn together

I think Shawn talked way too much instead of giving the one selling it many chances to talk. 

Also, Shawn was too unnecessarily complimentary to Martha, almost gushing. Martha accepted the compliments like she deserved them. Too many compliments, as Shawn did, makes you think she's star struck. All the compliments coming from Shawn to Martha, tells you all you need to know about where the power was. I've seen other hosts handle Martha in a very satisfactory manner. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yeap...I didn't see any chemisty there either....

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I sense a feeling of irritation between them....I am pretty good at sensing things....I do not think Martha enjoys working with her. 

Believe me, if Martha Stewart does not want to work with someone...she will not be working with them. Take that to the bank!

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Why can't these women just age gracefully ? They look fine "as is". Wasting money on lotions, potions and goopy gooks won't make anyone look younger.

@Reever  There’s a difference between giving up and aging gracefully. To me, that means continuing good skincare, lighter makeup and dressing for 70’s or whatever decade you’ve reached.

It’s also important to look into a 3 way mirror every 3-5 years and assess your body’s changes. Then adjust styles and sizes that may look better on you. 

Honored Contributor

Didn’t Martha and SK do the other Mario B show? If Incould rewind that one, this was a duplicate...same photos of Martha, same comments about Martha’s skin, etc. and no new products.

Boring!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a Martha Stewart fan.  I find her personality intimidating..........JMO

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I'm not a Martha Stewart fan.  I find her personality intimidating..........JMO

@LindaSal  Someone you don’t know personally or socially interact with intimidates you? How? 

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I sense a feeling of irritation between them....I am pretty good at sensing things....I do not think Martha enjoys working with her. 

@SeaMaiden ..... I watched for a few minutes & I didn’t sense anything wrong between them .... They were fine as far as I am concerned.

@January121  That is fine... I guess I was just feeling that Shawn was trying too hard to please Martha.... giving  Martha lots complements  and gushing over the skin care line like it was the new sliced bread... Martha seemed annoyed  by Shawns comments most of the time...

Thats all.  It is what I felt.

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am pretty good at sensing things....

CrystalBallFortuneTellerSmiley copy.gif

@Mz iMac, LOL! Thanks for starting my day with a laugh!  Woman LOLHeart

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I think Shawn talked way too much instead of giving the one selling it many chances to talk. 

Also, Shawn was too unnecessarily complimentary to Martha, almost gushing. Martha accepted the compliments like she deserved them. Too many compliments, as Shawn did, makes you think she's star struck. All the compliments coming from Shawn to Martha, tells you all you need to know about where the power was. I've seen other hosts handle Martha in a very satisfactory manner. 

@febe1  YES!