Respected Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

I think when a famous celebrity, known for a certain expertise and/or branding start putting their name on or endorsing everything under the sun it cheapens their image. Makes them seem less credible imo. 

Seriously, what’s next for her? MS all weather tires? 

YOUR so right on the money.  You can pick up your Tires at the Costco store nearest you.

Honored Contributor

Shes been associated with this brand for many,many years. I have tried a few things but don't remember much about it. 

Trusted Contributor
What qualifies anyone to do a job? There are a lot of people in positions with no previous experience. All it takes is people backing you and helping you to get there. The person's past transgressions or failures don't seem to matter. I think Martha is just as qualified to sell on QVC and be a spokesperson as anyone. She paid for her crime.
Honored Contributor

Martha is a higlhy intelligent woman and a self made billionaire.I would trust her opinion to make sure what she sells is of high quality. She has a brand to protect and I doubt she will risk it selling shoddy goods

Taste is a very personal thing. I happen to like the style of her clothing. If you don't thats OK, but to put other people down, and dismiss the fact her stuff sold out in a blink, is to deny  the truth, that she has hit a chord with many people

If she isn't for you ,change the channel. Many of us might feel the same way about things that you like ,or wear, or own.

She is very gifted.  I think she is a big asset to Q

Respected Contributor

I am watching Martha on right now introducing the Mario Badescu line.  I am impressed by her presentation.  She has used the line for almost 50 years and her skin does look amazing. I also like how the 6 piece kit is age specific, because each age bracket does have its own unique needs.  Overall, I am enjoying the presentation and learning a lot.

Regular Contributor

I’m not impressed with Martha’s food or clothing lines so why would I trust her with my skin care.  Turkey and fixings were awful and the dyes she uses in some of her clothing have such a bad odor you can’t wash it out after 3 washing's. I wish QVC would carry more brands that focus on quality.

Regular Contributor

It would be different if Martha’s products were any good, but everthing I’ve tried is expensive and lacking in quality. I won’t be purchasing another thing with her name on it.  

Respected Contributor

I just took a quick look at the items recently on air and noticed that the set for over 50's has already sold out.  One thing that struck me is that the line doesn't appear to incorporate sun protection. As much as it is touted as being so important nowadays, I'm surprised by this. Mind you, I didn't look at all his products.  Maybe it's offered in some products but I missed it.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I just took a quick look at the items recently on air and noticed that the set for over 50's has already sold out.  One thing that struck me is that the line doesn't appear to incorporate sun protection. As much as it is touted as being so important nowadays, I'm surprised by this. Mind you, I didn't look at all his products.  Maybe it's offered in some products but I missed it.

@Texasmouse  You are correct about the lack of an spf included in all age group sets. I checked it online. I assume since she spends so much time outdoors tending to her gardens and hundreds of acres of land at many homes (certainly with a crew of helpers at each), sunscreen would be first on her list.

Most celebrities who endorse skincare and swear the brand kept their skin looking so young for 50 yrs. (her claim), are leaving out the peels, lasers, fillers, Botox, and nips/tucks. Cindy Crawford can’t possibly look the same before & after 25 years of using melon creams.

I seriously doubt if Bedescu alone is responsible for MS’s skin. BTW, she was wearing a ton of makeup so how did her skin look underneath?

Valued Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart Skincare

[ Edited ]

I’ve been a subscriber to Martha Stewart Living almost since it launched. They must get a lot of requests re martha’s skincare regimen because there have been numerous stories over the years. She’s used Mario Badescu for a long time. IMO she has great skin for a 76-yr old, even though she’s probably had a good facelift.

I’ve used the buttermilk moisturizer for over 10 years and I really like it. The super collagen mask and rose water mist are also usually in my rotation. The line is old school, no frills, but the products I’ve tried have been effective. Ulta usually has some starter kits in travel sizes if anyone is curious.

Fyi there are spf products in the line, I haven’t used them though.