Respected Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart Skincare

[ Edited ]

Martha is 76 years old and IMO, for a lady that age, she looks wonderful, and has a beautiful complexion. 

Besides caring for herself, and crafting, cooking, and maintaining a home, she strives for perfection in whatever she attempts to do.  

Martha has paid for her mistakes while the whole world was watching - something a lot of the "guys" never do & for things much worse than insider trading.

I admire her spirit and resilience.

BTW, it might be "a Good Thing" if Martha did purchase QVC 

Honored Contributor

It will be interesting to see what Mario has to offer and the prices.  Has anyone watched the Martha and Snoop Dog dinner show?  It's pretty funny but they do cook great meals.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I am definitely not one to begrudge a person who introduces different categories of items, but I have to say I did laugh out loud this morning.  

I guess I’m late to the party, but I just saw that Martha Stewart will be introducing a skincare line on the Q this Friday.  Crafts, cookbooks, food, kitchen tools, fashion, garden supplies, skincare and whatever else I’m missing.  

Mark my words, one day we’ll read that Martha has purchased QVC from Liberty Media.  Smiley Wink

You know I thought about this again, and think Martha Stewart is the one late to the party.  She really could have 'owned' TV retailing.  

Years ago, I bought a gogeous German Santa from her on-line store she once had.  It was $250, and it was hand crafted in Germany.  You just don't find stuff like that.

Long story short, a year or so later, her online store was closed.  

I guess my point is she should have stuck it out, and same when she first appeared on HSN, or the Q.

Fast forward now, and she's on the Q, and they have her selling Prime Rib for $199.  Now I have Prime Rib every year for Thanksgiving.  I pay $115 at Gelson's.  Where they are coming up with $200 is beyond me.

That is simply gouging what I can only imagine on her name.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't much go for celebrity endorsements these days. But I do know of MB skincare things. They are comparable to anything else out here, except for the fact that they are more problem-solution oriented.

Q is great for exposure, not necessarily for any particular bargains. If I wanted anything from the line, I would order from their website. They are very generous with samples!

Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

Martha is 76 years old and IMO, for a lady that age, she looks wonderful, and has a beautiful complexion. 

Besides caring for herself, and crafting, cooking, and maintaining a home, she strives for perfection in whatever she attempts to do.  

Martha has paid for her mistakes while the whole world was watching - something a lot of the "guys" never do & for things much worse than insider trading.

@alliswell, although I'm not a fan at all, I so agree with your POV about her past. What good is punishment if it taints a person forever.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3

Except, it’s not the punishment that taints the person. It’s the actions. 

Honored Contributor

Martha’s been connected with Mario Badescu for 50ish yrs.

Here’s a video segment from her show Jan-2009.

She talks about regular appointments w/ Mario. 

In fact, there are a couple videos of her talking

about her long-standing relationship with Mario Badescu.

https://youtu.be/KmeEWvLT1_o

Trusted Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

What a generous spirit! I feel the same way.  Lots of us have made errors we've never been called to task for.  Funny how so many finger pointing spotless saints so readily condemn Martha isn't it?  

Personally I am eager to see which products she selects.  Mario's line has suddenly gained credibility IMO  She has discriminating tastes and can afford anything she desires.  If she's been using his line so many years and believes in it enough to represent the line now I am certainly interested.

I wish she would buy the Q.  Maybe they'd have a more inclusive line of cosmetics, clothing, shoes, appliances, garden tools and plants, electronics.........

Respected Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart Skincare

[ Edited ]

@CoG wrote:

What a generous spirit! I feel the same way.  Lots of us have made errors we've never been called to task for.

Funny how so many finger pointing spotless saints so readily condemn Martha isn't it?

Personally I am eager to see which products she selects.  Mario's line has suddenly gained credibility IMO  She has discriminating tastes and can afford anything she desires.  If she's been using his line so many years and believes in it enough to represent the line now I am certainly interested.

I wish she would buy the Q.  Maybe they'd have a more inclusive line of cosmetics, clothing, shoes, appliances, garden tools and plants, electronics.........

@CoG  If Martha bought the Q, I'm certain that all products offered would improve, as well as the programming. 

Given Martha's competitive nature, if she were in charge of the Q, she would never allow QVC to diminish in sales or be in the red financially.   

Valued Contributor

The products are available now. Just type Mario Badescu.