Super Contributor

Wow! I really like that answer! How long does this last, 4 months, 1 year, months, years? $800.00 is a lot of money. I'm sure I'd never be able to afford anything like that, but I know a lot of women do it.

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@kathybnc2   I understand that you want to look your best for your son's wedding.   Of course try suggestions made by posters if you feel they will help.  As an aside,  as I was reading your post, I was thinking....enjoy your self at this special occasion.  I'm sure your son and DIL will be so happy you are there.  Put on a great dress and a smile.  No one will ever notice a marionette line on your face.  Congratulations and all the best!

ITA, and love this post.

Respected Contributor

I started using Perricone MD Growrh Factor Firming and Lifting Serum. Of course, these lines are not gone(nothing will do that except Botox or fillers), but they are softer. I would have my makeup applied professionally the day of the wedding. Use a makeup artist who understands how to apply makeup on a mature woman. You would be surprised on the magic the right make up artist can accomplish.

Frequent Contributor

Of course you are right  PHOENIXBIRD, and I will enjoy enjoy the wedding. And Linmo you are correct, I am very critical of myself.  Just trying not to look so old.  I’m very blessed that my son has found a wonderful girl to spend his life with and she has lovely parents.  Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I will definitely look into them.

Honored Contributor

Consider a professional make up session.

The right sculpting products will help minimize flaws, particularly in pictures.

Congratulations, have a wonderful time.    

Respected Contributor

@kathybnc2 wrote:

Of course you are right  PHOENIXBIRD, and I will enjoy enjoy the wedding. And Linmo you are correct, I am very critical of myself.  Just trying not to look so old.  I’m very blessed that my son has found a wonderful girl to spend his life with and she has lovely parents.  Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I will definitely look into them.

I am blessed for the exact same reason. It means everything..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Depending on your hairstyle, one possible nonsurgical solution would be to use 'face-lift tape'. But you need to have enough hair on the sides, near your ears, to cover the taped parts. One brand sold on Amazon, Secret Lift, has some pretty impressive reviews. I found a video about how to apply it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7pw4uTpBWI

Honored Contributor

@kathybnc2 wrote:

My son is getting married in April, and of course, I want to look my best.  Has anyone found anything that works on marionette lines and the lines that come down from the side of your nose?  I’m 74 so maybe there is no hope.  If anyone has a suggestion, I would appreciate your thoughts.  

@kathybnc2   There is nothing topical like creams or lotions that tackle those areas. You'd have to have injectable fillers.

Respected Contributor

Hi @sunala - filler lasts about 6-8 months. I usually have it done in March or April before we go on vacation and I'm good until the end of the year. My hub for me a gift cert for Juvederm for Christmas. I'm due!

There can be some bruising- not only do you have a needle injected, but the doc will put her hands in your mouth and "push" the filler into place, so your skin is being kneaded. My bruising goes away within a couple of days. Nothing that a little concealer can't handle.

If you try it, let us know how you like it. 

Respected Contributor

@kathybnc2  Congrats on your sons wedding, since you have some time, why not try some of those products they have out now like Serious Skin Care Insta-Tox or something else along those lines, you have time now to "play" with it to see how it would look long wearing and such, I am sure injections would work but that is a long term commmitment and expensive .  Remember, eyes will mainly be on teh bride and groom  Smiley Happy  Sit back and enjoy yourself  xo