Super Contributor

Imtep:

It's not always under our control how we age.

Honored Contributor

Re: Marionette lines

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

It took 74 years for those lines appeared on your face.  There is no magic cream, potion, or lotion that will lessen them or make them disappear by April.  It's why we need to take care of our skin starting early on with a good daily regimen with good products.  

@rms1954   Even the best of skincare will not stop the clock. It helps, but you still eventually get wrinkles.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I know there isn’t a “miracle” out there, but will check into your suggestions.  

Regular Contributor

Don't do fillers. They ALWAYS make you look puffy and bloated. My MIL does them around her nose/mouth and it shapes her mouth into a permanent frog-like frown. You can always spot fillers on a person, I don't care how good the dermotologist is.

If you have enough time for a lower face lift that pulls the skin around the jaw and mouth up and away, I would say do that. I don't think you'd regret it. Or just embrace your age and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. But don't do fillers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Marionette lines

[ Edited ]

There is this thing called a lower face laser lift. It's basically a facelift without surgery and it tightens the skin on the lower face, including jowls, jaw area and part of the upper neck just under the chin. The best candidates are usually those who do not have severe laxity. Prices for this kind of procedure are far less than a traditional surgical facelift and last for several years. Touchups are usually recommended to maintain lift.

Honored Contributor

I sure have that problem too.  Will not do fillers because of other health issues I have.  I think a good make-up person could help some for that day, but try it out before the wedding day.  Enjoy the day.  Since you are happy, you will look lovely.

Frequent Contributor

You are all so sweet. Thank you. I don’t plan to do fillers. I will try some different creams and see if they might help.  And perhaps look into the tape someone suggested.  I am planning to have hair and makeup done for the wedding, but the venue is in another state, so I will be taking a chance.  If possible,  I’m hoping to be able to do a “dry run” the day before.  Thanks for all your good wishes.   Next on the list a dress!

Valued Contributor

@kathybnc2  I don't know if you are familiar with the makeoverguy youtube channel. But he does makeover on women who are mostly over fifty. Most of the time, he does an excllent job with the makeup and hairstyle. It's amazing. You might get some ideas from watching his channel.

Hope you have a lot of fun at the wedding.Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I’ll be sure to check him out.