Super Contributor

Other than fillers, has anyone found anything that make them less visible?

Valued Contributor

Just thought I'd pass this info. along in case you may want to go this route: I am going to start trying the pinching technique that is demonstrated in the Japanese Skincare Revolution book by Chizu Saeki. I love this book and have had it since it came out but I never tried her techniques. I'm sure you can find similar exercises/massages on you tube. Mine aren't that bad yet but I am starting to pay attention.

Contributor
I am trying to get rid of mine using NuFace. It's not really helping with the marionette lines, but it is helping with forehead lines and jowls. Five years ago, I had liposuction, and the doctor injected the fat into my marionette lines. I looked great for about 3 years; then the fat was reabsorbed into my body and I am back to square one.
Super Contributor
Learn to love them. Everyone gets old. If you can accept it, it becomes much easier.
Honored Contributor

Spackle, topical fillers, HD powders. There are quite a few products out there but in the end, you have to fill them up so nothing falls into them. Get samples and go from there : )

Super Contributor

Thank you beautyee. I will look into that. This is not keeping me awake at night but if there is some help, I am willing to try. I had injections a few years ago and spent a fortune! It looked great but, for me, never lasted more than 6 months so had to give it up. I am using the Serious Skin Care EGG and find it useful and got results in a fuller cheek area. I really have no wrinkles except for the mouth to chin area. I noticed it becoming more visible when recently using a stronger retin a product; maybe it is too drying. I am now trying more moisture in this area.

Valued Contributor

Smile You are welcome! The author was in her sixties when she wrote the book. I just like her whole philosophy regarding skincare. I do the Tanaka massage 3x per week, right after I do my micro current routine. I think it's great that you are using the EGG. If anything, it will keep the area around the marionette lines looking more taut and will take the focus away from that area. It's too bad that the injections didn't last long. Can't wait to read what others will recommend. I think it's great that you are keeping an open mind and are willing to try other techniques.

Contributor

Through the years I have had multiple procedures with several Dermatologists and several Plastic Surgeons. All have told me the same thing. They all sell upscale products in their office but never recommended them for the marionette lines or nasolabial folds.

Nothing other than fillers or surgery will really help the Marionette lines (and nasolabial folds). Fillers will temporarily, somewhat soften the lines and surgery will surgically lift the underlying muscles that are causing the lines. Surgery does not last forever, your face will still age normally. Fillers last anywhere from 6 months to approx. 1-2 years. Remember that at the 2 year mark they really aren't helping much......the fillers are almost gone and must be done again.

It is my opinion (after trying multiple products) that any product that offers to lesson the marionette lines is a waste of money.

I know that this is not what you wanted to hear but I hate to think of you wasting money on products that really do not do much.

I have had both fillers and surgery and can verify that this is true. I had a mini face lift in 2007 and now get fillers to compensate for normal aging, yes, my lines are back. If you get fillers for a long period of time it will end up being the same price as mini surgery.

....................butterfly

Super Contributor

Yes Butterfly, you are not telling me anything I already know (unfortunately!) I spent enough money on fillers to have a facelift! Which, I may add is not the route I will go (fear!). I just want to soften the look. My face is starting to peel now around that area and I really think that the retin a made the folds drying and look more prominent. I am going to lay off for awhile and moisturize to plump the area a bit.

Trusted Contributor

To clarify, you are talking about the lines that run from midway between the nose and mouth to below the mouth (the nasty lines that pull the mouth down) and not the nasiolabial folds which run from the end of nose to corner of the lip right?

I have had some luck using Suzanne Somers Facemaster, NCN's Multiactive Matrixyl Peptide serum 25%, her DNA serum and a very emollient night cream. The serums and creams soften the lines and the Facemaster helps to change the muscle so it doesn't pull the mouth down. I actually saw a lot of improvement in about 2 weeks using the Facemaster daily. It really softened up the downward pull on the mouth so I didn't look like I was mad all the time! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!