Honored Contributor

Re: Mario Didn't Get The Memo

@monicakm wrote:

Well @Lucky Charm sorry I'm not offended or upset at your declaration of love of lipstick and dislike for lipgloss.  When I don't jive with a view or product someone here presents, I keep quiet.  I don't bash the topic.  My original post was light hearted as denoted by my LOL (altho I was surprised to see the product).  

@monicakm 

I get what you're saying, but you started a thread that is literally bashing nudes and mattes.  And make it sound like anyone who wears them didn't *learn* from  .....  ? The experts of the day?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I also buy what I like.  Why are there so many uptight women on this forum!?  We're supposed to be having fun and learning.  Not being hyper-critical of everything and everyone that has a different opinion.  Good grief!

If  you've got nothing good to say, don't say anything for crying out loud.  We learned that in kindergarten.

@monicakm - I appreciate your posts - you share a portion of what's posted on popular social platforms about beauty and cosmetics - new, trends, recommendations. You peruse more of that information than what I can due given my free time constraints. Thank you for sharing! Don't stop!!!

In no way were you suggesting 'this over that' in your OP. And yes, there are trends in beauty as there are in fashion, shoes, decor, etc. Some seem to be hyper sensitive to trends as if they are being forced to follow trends.

Yes, you are right about the kindergarten aspects of the forums. And you are not the uptight one..:

BTW - I'm still searching for a new Spring nail color. Yes, trendy is fine with me. Let me know if you see something that I should consider 

Oh, and I happen to love and use a variety of lippies - treatment serums like Lancer or Skinn cosmetics that provide the look of baby lips, lipsticks (Chanel and MAC are my fav brands) and definitely lipglosses. I buy the colors and shades that most compliment me. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I've tagged this lippie to track it for event pricing - newly posted at HSN. A variety of colors are offered. And it's sold direct at the Gerard online store as well at Target

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick - Cher

130-6139

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

You kinda put your self in the crosshairs.  Good luck! (g)  Srsly, thank you for your kind words. 

As for trends, if I like them I buy them.  No one is making me.  

As for on trend nail color, I'm CLUELESS!  I haven't painted my nails in two years when I lost feeling in 6 of my 10 fingers.  I think I could now but fine motor skills have been difficult.  I've just recently been back to my old typing speed and accuracy.  So I haven't kept up with or even looked at nail polish for the spring.  Except for fall and winter where my colors ran deeper burgundies, rusty oranges and purples, I only wore light pinks and off whites and NUDES, colors that extended the look of my short fingers.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Yeah, I should have known better since I can't count the number of times I've been bashed for my choice of makeup products that I've bought and shared here.  My bad.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

You kinda put your self in the crosshairs.  Good luck! (g)  Srsly, thank you for your kind words. 

As for trends, if I like them I buy them.  No one is making me.  

As for on trend nail color, I'm CLUELESS!  I haven't painted my nails in two years when I lost feeling in 6 of my 10 fingers.  I think I could now but fine motor skills have been difficult.  I've just recently been back to my old typing speed and accuracy.  So I haven't kept up with or even looked at nail polish for the spring.  Except for fall and winter where my colors ran deeper burgundies, rusty oranges and purples, I only wore light pinks and off whites and NUDES, colors that extended the look of my short fingers.

@monicakm - awww, I'm not intimidated AT ALL! Life is short, I do as I please 😉 I don't want you to be negatively impacted here in terms of you freely posting and posting often. 

Keep your eyes open for what may be posted. in terms of nail color and trends per the influencers that you follow.

I think lips will be the color beauty focal point this year given that we've had to hide them behind masks. 

I have a vast collection of nail polish but I typically buy something new in Spring and Fall. I keep my mani's simple - classic nude colors. My pedi's are more reflective of my wild side or something seasonal or trendy 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

You're right about lips being a focal point this year.  Lips and lashes have always been my focal point tho.  I never went without lipgloss UNDER my mask lol  Did you see my lipgloss collection the other day?  I tried going thru them and decluttering some.  I couldn't do it Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

I've tagged this lippie to track it for event pricing - newly posted at HSN. A variety of colors are offered. And it's sold direct at the Gerard online store as well at Target

130-6139

Love the color, but I don't do matte.

Honored Contributor

It stands to reason that certain make-up looks are going to be more on trend than others.  These companies and make-up artists have to make money somehow.  If the same products are always on trend year after year after year, no one will buy the new products that are trending and things get boring and stale.  There are a lot of people out there that have to follow whatever the newest trend is.  They will toss aside whatever make-up is in their collection and buy whatever is trending. 

Nudes and mattes have been a trend so of course they have to move on to something else being trendy to get those sales.  I don't personally think colors of lipsticks ever really go out of style, I think it's more the finish that can look dated.

I was never a matte lipstick person because they always dried my lips out, even if they were a "non-drying" matte.  Yes I more often than not put a gloss over the top but that base of the matte was still drying.      

Over the past year+, very light weight foundations have been the trend.  Every company and her brother came out with a serum foundation, skin tint, etc.  Now we seem to be seeing more and more companies coming out with powder foundations.  They've beat the skin tints into the ground so it's time to move on.  LOL