Respected Contributor

Really sad that Marilyn Miglin is rarely on HSN anymore. Yet another instance of a woman past a certain age getting less and less airtime in favor of younger demographics. Ive noticed Tova has been relegated to 2am time slots and rarely is on more than 20 minutes anymore.  Back in the day Tova would have a full cosmetics and skin care line and beautiful TSVs.  Many people may not know this but Marilyn Miglins husband was a victim of a serial killer decades ago. Ms Miglyn showed incredible grace under difficult circumstances. 

Honored Contributor

Perhaps these women "of a certain age" no longer want to make frequent trips to Philadelphia?  Didn't Tova sell her company, in which case she is just a vendor rep fulfilling a contractual obligation?  Travel nowdays is hard, tedious work.  I doubt either of them is desperate for money.  There's no way either of these women are going to attract the desired younger shoppers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Both Tova and Marilyn are  elderly now....you do not know their Health situation or any reason why they are on less... perhaps they choose to slow down.  Just my opinion...just as you can have yours. 

Honored Contributor

I admire these older icon type women who know when it's time to give up the ghost. Tova is obviously in decline and I have not seen MM in quite awhile. After awhile they come on air and just look foolish, they are not enhancing their brand at that point.

Honored Contributor

Marilyn Miglin no longer has a huge customer base at HSN or in general. 25 plus years ago her Salon was the toast of the town; Pheromone was sold either there or the most exclusive stores in the world (All of which are now gone except Neimans) and now you can only find it online (her spa is gone) or via discount places. Her scents changed when the laws regarding ingredients used in fragrances were passed internationally. She no longer offers her top skin care line; she no longer offers her makeup sets (which is what sent her to the top when she first appeared on HSN) and she pumps out a new scent every few months.

As someone who used to go to her Salon in Chicago, who used to use her makeup, who LOVED Pheromone and purchased it either in Chicago or via specific high end counters.....the person selling her wares now is a far cry from what she once was. The economy did a number on the brand and sadly, what she has left is kept in a warehouse in a not so great part of town. She is a classy, elegant lady; I doubt she EVER thought this would be the path her company would take.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Marilyn Miglin is 82, with a net worth of around 50 million dollars.

Tova is 78 and worth about 15 million.

If I were either of them, I'd relax too.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I thought Tova was older than 78.  She looks every day of it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like Tova's jewelry and it's sad how QVC is sidelining her.

We would be told her products aren't selling, but then, products need exposure to sell.  

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Marilyn Miglin no longer has a huge customer base at HSN or in general. 25 plus years ago her Salon was the toast of the town; Pheromone was sold either there or the most exclusive stores in the world (All of which are now gone except Neimans) and now you can only find it online (her spa is gone) or via discount places. Her scents changed when the laws regarding ingredients used in fragrances were passed internationally. She no longer offers her top skin care line; she no longer offers her makeup sets (which is what sent her to the top when she first appeared on HSN) and she pumps out a new scent every few months.

As someone who used to go to her Salon in Chicago, who used to use her makeup, who LOVED Pheromone and purchased it either in Chicago or via specific high end counters.....the person selling her wares now is a far cry from what she once was. The economy did a number on the brand and sadly, what she has left is kept in a warehouse in a not so great part of town. She is a classy, elegant lady; I doubt she EVER thought this would be the path her company would take.

I too loved Pheromone!  It was a special and truly indescribable scent.  People men and women would stop and ask about it!

Of all the fragrances I have ever worn Pheromone was the most interesting.

Respected Contributor

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing

Tova looks okay to me.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~