Super Contributor

Marilyn Miglin fans good kits on sale at HSN

I love her Pheromone scent and there are some nice kits on sale today. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Marilyn Miglin fans good kits on sale at HSN

Thanks so much, @cozyseeker. Destiny is one of my longtime favorites.  I grabbed the Today Only kit. 

Super Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  Oh me too, I am so stocked up on Destiny I should be ashamed, got it anyway though.  I also got the big Pheromone kit. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't realize she is still selling....,very gracious woman.

Trusted Contributor

Did anyone use the 20% off coupon yesterday?  Thanks/

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I know this is a little late from when this was posted, but I have a question. I ordered the 3 pc Destiny set and just now opened it up yesterday. Unfortunately I am going to return it. I use to wear this fragrance years ago and loved it. This bottle smells entirely different to me and when I spritzed a little on my wrist I knew it was not the same. I was wondering if you had opened yours yet? I don't know if I got a bad batch or if it is old. I am truly disappointed and now it's going to be returned. 

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Thanks so much, @cozyseeker. Destiny is one of my longtime favorites.  I grabbed the Today Only kit. 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I know this is a little late from when this was posted, but I have a question. I ordered the 3 pc Destiny set and just now opened it up yesterday. Unfortunately I am going to return it. I use to wear this fragrance years ago and loved it. This bottle smells entirely different to me and when I spritzed a little on my wrist I knew it was not the same. I was wondering if you had opened yours yet? I don't know if I got a bad batch or if it is old. I am truly disappointed and now it's going to be returned. 

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

What's a shame, @Leeny.  I have not tested mine yet, but it sounds like I better get on that right away.  I'll do it tomorrow and let you know. 

Trusted Contributor

@Leen @JeanLouiseFinch  Regulations regarding ingredients used in fragrances changed the world (scent-wise) in 2017 and again in 2020....essentially, anything you once used and love prior to 2017 now smells nothing like it did once before due to having to use synthetics instead of real ingredients.

I have used and loved Pheromone since the 80's and own a few bottles of the pure parfum; the scent is nothing like it started out. I, also, ordered products from HSN consisting of bath and body plus spray and the scent was horrible! I assumed it was old so I ordered directly from MM (a shell of what the company once was) and it ALSO stunk. I called them and wound up returning it. 

So many wonderful scents now stink due to these regulations and more changes are to come, FYI.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

What's a shame, @Leeny.  I have not tested mine yet, but it sounds like I better get on that right away.  I'll do it tomorrow and let you know. 

@Leeny  I had a bottle that I'm currently using and the new one.  I did a scent comparison on separate wrists and they definitely do smell different from one another, though I wouldn't say the new one stinks - the new one is lighter.  Then I had DH do a smell test comparison.  I was surprised when he said he likes the new one better. It looks like I'll be keeping it.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Since your DH likes it tha't the main thing. I am glad though that you did notice a difference. I have one of those "noses" that picks up on everything and I knew there was a distinct difference. Anyway, mine is on its way back to HSN. I am so sensitive to fragrance and this was always one of my favorites. I always got tons of compliments, but my DH didn't like it at all this time around. Thanks for getting back to me.