Super Contributor

I actually started watching to catch Kathy Levine, but MO was the "premier" star and Kathy was in a supportive role. I didn't want to listen to almost non-stop MO, so I didn't hang around long.

Contributor
It is ashame that some women do get jealous when a friend loses weight. I have recently lost 26 pounds, hard work and dedication, 26 pounds is over two dress sizes. I went from a large top to a small, so there is a big difference. Some of the envious people will either say your too thin, or they DONT mention the weight loss at all. I used to get upset about it, but to be honest now I just chuckle to myself, and think ITS THE GREEN EYED MONSTER. I have come to realize that it DOENST matter, I know I am healthy and fit, so I don't need anyone else to,tell me. It's sad though, that some women can be like that. Who knew!
Honored Contributor

I adore Marie Osmond but I'm sick of the commercial.... it's gotten so I don't even hear it or see her anymore so IMHO it's totally lost it's effectiveness and that goes for both the commercials she's made.

I think she's a hoot too.... will never forget her (when on a diet and dancing on the Stars)... she said, "Welcome to Dancing With The Starved"... I loved that. I love a good pun.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor
On 9/26/2014 ladycd said: It is ashame that some women do get jealous when a friend loses weight. I have recently lost 26 pounds, hard work and dedication, 26 pounds is over two dress sizes. I went from a large top to a small, so there is a big difference. Some of the envious people will either say your too thin, or they DONT mention the weight loss at all. I used to get upset about it, but to be honest now I just chuckle to myself, and think ITS THE GREEN EYED MONSTER. I have come to realize that it DOENST matter, I know I am healthy and fit, so I don't need anyone else to,tell me. It's sad though, that some women can be like that. Who knew!

When I lost 70 pounds over the course of over a year, SOME people asked if I had been sick, or if I was trying to lose weight....I still weighed 160 so I definitely was not rail thin. It is outrageous how thoughtless and/or stupid some people can be.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/26/2014 LDOlvr said:
On 9/26/2014 lyndajr said:

Amaly, I agree with you...she looks great at 50-something...I think this is jealousy speaking, and I should know because I'm the same age and I wish I looked as good as she does!

Hey, I'm 58, just lost a lot of weight and you wouldn't believe how mean women my age can be.

I am trying to take control of my health, and yep, a size 10 looks a whole lot better than size 20W. Don't hate me because I worked my heiny off (literally) to get here.

And believe me, if I can lose weight, anyone can.

I am a food addict and have to closely monitor my diet and work out on a treadmill or elliptical every day of my life. It is a treatment plan for my disease.

Just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss and for taking control of your health and wellness. I'm a few years younger than Marie but have worked out mostly all my life, I love (not really) when I bump into old friends and I get the "oh you look good", well yes because I take care of myself.lol. Good for you that's great!
Valued Contributor
On 9/25/2014 lovesrecess said:

her commercials seem to be on every 10 minutes and I hate them...can't change the channel fast enough

she was pretty until she blew up her lips to trout proportions; what a shame she did that to herself

Her bday is October 16, 1959

oh my gosh!!!!!!! I can't stop laughing at this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Super Contributor

Yes, I am so tired of the NutriSytems commercials with Marie. They come on so often-every hour nearly? After a while, that gets very old. When she says "I know it will work for YOU", I want to say "no, it won't because I can't afford it.{#emotions_dlg.angry} However, I did WW several years ago, and It DID work for me".

Esteemed Contributor

Marie didn't just lose weight by doing Nutrisystem, she lost at least 40 pounds doing the Dancing With the Stars show. I think that's why the commercial is sometimes annoying...because it's disingenuous when we all know that the exercise component was important and the main reason she lost weight.

Frequent Contributor
On 9/27/2014 TY said:

Marie didn't just lose weight by doing Nutrisystem, she lost at least 40 pounds doing the Dancing With the Stars show. I think that's why the commercial is sometimes annoying...because it's disingenuous when we all know that the exercise component was important and the main reason she lost weight.

She also performs regularly, so she needs to stay in good physical shape. That said, while I think Marie has gone overboard with the cosmetic procedures, I certainly admire her for having maintained her weight loss for several years now. Think about all of the other diet companies and how many spokespeople they have gone through, usually because the people regained some or all of the weight back, and then think about how many years Marie has been representing Nutrisystem. They must be absolutely thrilled with her. She has proven to be the perfect spokesperson, and she has really taken her weight loss and weight maintenance very seriously. I'm sure it hasn't been easy, because no matter how much exercise she gets, diet is still a major component and it's hard to stick with a diet plan when you like to eat.
Super Contributor
On 9/25/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Way tooo much face work. I think she might be Joan Rivers age, so she is old enough to be a grandma. Face looks exactly alike.

What is it with you hating Joan Rivers? Ever hear of respect for the dead? You write way too much hateful nasty stuff about a Dead woman.