Trusted Contributor

Maracuja ST Bronzing Oil for Face

I just saw this when perusing through the lineup for this weekend's Beauty event. It looks really interesting and I am not sure if it is a new release or someone here might have tried it already.

My biggest problem with facial ST in general is that they dry out my skin terribly. I am thinking that maybe having the ST in an oil base like this might help prevent that. Does anyone else seem to have that reaction on their face when trying to use ST. I don't notice it on my body but my face feels and looks very dry after ST no matter how much moisture I seem to apply - it really highlights fine lines which dehydrated skin will do.

IF anyone has tried this, would love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Thanks so much to all Tartelettes here {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Re: Maracuja ST Bronzing Oil for Face

I just came to write a review of this product and saw your post, so I'll add my review here - I love it.

I'm very fair and scared to death of self-tanners, but I'm in a wedding party later this month and have to wear a strapless gown and be in a million photographs, so I am experimenting with several tanners.

I used it twice on consecutive nights. It went on easily and was a little tacky for a few minutes, but then absorbed nicely. I slept wiith the product on both nights and saw no staining on my sheets. Unlike the regular Maracuja oil, this has a light floral scent. Usually I don't like scented moisturizes, but this was pleasant and I hardly noticed it. I woke up the first morning with a glow that I thought looked very natural and I was very happy. I put it on again that night and the next morning I did see that the color was a little deeper, but not much and definitely not overwhelming. It was not streaky or uneven anywhere. It still looked natural. I haven't used it in several days now and it's faded evenly. You do not put a moisturizer over the Tarte Maracuja Bronzer Serum, but I did not wake up feeling like my skin was dry. I will probably use it three nights in a row this week and try that for the wedding.

Before purchasing this, I tried a similar product from Clarins and it was a little darker. I developed a few acne spots after using the Clarins product and I've had none of that with the Tarte Maracuja Bronzer Serum. The Clarins product you use by adding 1-3 drops to your existing moisturizer. I used three drops and it developed a little deeper than the Tarte color. I preferred the color the Tarte product gave me. When I bought this, I imagined that I would use it for the wedding and that would be it, but I liked it so much that I plan to keep using it.

I think it’s good for fair skin. If your skin is medium or deeper, you may want to try a sample, first. Sephora carries this product and I got mine there before QVC started carrying it.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much for that great review. Have you also checked out Tarte's temporary bronzing gel? That could be great for a wedding. I saw it last night and think that could be a great option too as it is not a self-tanner but a temporary gel you put on then it washes off when you shower. It looked very flattering on the model's skin (think it was the dark haired Maria) and the ease of it is great.

I have light skin and ST always turn my skin a bit orange, on my legs mostly. I am going to try that new Vita Liberata (not on my face tho) as it claims it will absolutely not do that and the reviews are amazing positive for a ST. I am also really interested in this Tarte temporary gel which has free shipping today and comes with a mitt.

My face seems to dry out so badly with ST that I did think maybe this Tarte bronzing oil might help with that. I have very dry skin to begin with so really hate when anything adds to that. Guess I'll just have to try it out.

Again, thanks for posting your experience with the oil and do check out the temporary gel for the wedding. You can control how light or dark you want to be just by how many layers you apply. Maria's legs looked quite nice with just one application and that would probably be deep enough for my skin. The one review on it is a 5 star. Maybe there are more on Sephora or Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

Chynna - the Tarte gel is called Maracuja Rainforest Glow and the item # is A251487. Event priced and free shipping ($32 and change)

Check it out as I think it would be great for a strapless dress and no chance of turning odd colors or orange as there is no ST in it. . Two 5 star reviews now.

Good luck!