Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

She posted on Instagram yesterday that her veneer on the bottom broke yesterday and said "The show must go on".  She's such a Boss,

"Veneer"?? That doesn't look like it would be part of any veneer I've ever seen before. Looks like an implant post to me where the entire crown is missing.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee   That's what she said in her post.  It was a veneer she had since she was a child. 

Respected Contributor

Could be that the veneer broke and she has to get an implant?   That definitely could happen. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised they didn't put a temporary in just for appearance purposes

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I never got temporary crowns for any of my implant posts. I had those posts showing in all their gleaming glory for weeks. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

I never got temporary crowns for any of my implant posts. I had those posts showing in all their gleaming glory for weeks. Woman LOL

My perio charged me a large fortune, but he made me a temp out of plastic and cemented it in, had it in since early Aug, it is cemented in, a little shorter than the real tooth to keep it from getting more abuse and breaking. My dentist will remove it, do the prelim for the crown and relpace it until crown is ready. He has been consulting with my perio on what needs to be done. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

Implant crowns don't get cemented on. They get screwed on and I think b/c a screw has to go through them, most cannot be made out of resin b/c resin can break. Not sure exactly but my dentist has never put a a temp implant crown on any of my abutments which are relatively short in comparison to a ground-down tooth post for a conventional crown.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Implant crowns don't get cemented on. They get screwed on and I think b/c a screw has to go through them, most cannot be made out of resin b/c resin can break. Not sure exactly but my dentist has never put a a temp implant crown on any of my abutments which are relatively short in comparison to a ground-down tooth post for a conventional crown.

You are correct, I go back to my regular dentist next week for the permanent crown,but since early Aug when I had my implant surgery and extraction I have had a temp cemented in, the cement is felt on the roof of my mouth, this temp was made from plastic by my perio, he is quite innovative. A little shorter than a real tooth or crown so that it does not get much abuse and wont break. My regulardentist is going o remove it, do his thing, then put it back on until my corwn is ready, he has consulted with my perio on how to do this like he did. 

Valued Contributor

I can't imagine walking around with just the post and no temporary crown for weeks or months 

I have never seen anyone with impants do that either-ever

Honored Contributor

I noticed that too! Missing bottom teeth. It was obvious and distracting and off putting. Probably a dental implant fell out but not a good look for a beauty presentation.  Life happens but I would have done a presentation by phone if I was her.