Honored Contributor

The salons here just reopened yesterday, I have gone to the same salon for 16 years off and on. Would you consider getting a set of your own tools to keep at the salon.

These day I am uber careful, if I do get tools what should I get.

I already have my own file and buffing block.

I need suggestions.  Thanks all, stay safe

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The salons here just reopened yesterday, I have gone to the same salon for 16 years off and on. Would you consider getting a set of your own tools to keep at the salon.

No.  I don't know of any salon that has the room to store tools that belong to all of their clients.  If you don't want to use their tools, ask them if you can bring your own each time you visit.

Respected Contributor

I don't go to the salon often enough to warrent but if I did have my nails done on a routien basis I certainly Would get my own set of tools. If you like what the salon uses ask them so you can purchase the same brand. I would Keep them at home and bring them to my appointment.  Even if I brought my own alcohol sterilized tools, these days I would NOT let them wouk on my cuticles. Any cutting or scraping of my skin during this time of Covid I would avoid.  I think having your own set of tools is a good thing.

Respected Contributor

Mine is using more disposable tools  like nail files and Pedi scrubbers and metal ones like nail clippers are sanitized in Barbosol .They also have a liner in the tubs for Pedis. Each client gets a fresh pack of most of the tools. This is the main Salon in my small town, so I don't know what others are doing?

Honored Contributor

@Travone 

I have a stroage box there which has my files and buffing block, I often  leave polish there. I am thinking of getting a clipper and cuticle nipper

@Travone wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

No.  I don't know of any salon that has the room to store tools that belong to all of their clients.  If you don't want to use their tools, ask them if you can bring your own each time you visit.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I have an an appointment for Friday for my first mani/pedi in 3 months!! I can't wait. My salon sanitizes their tools in a hospital grade steam sanitizer . They open a freshly sanitized packet for each customer.The other tools like a file, buffer etc. are disposable.

I will wear a mask, get temperature checked & will use hand sanitizer before I'm seated.

Respected Contributor

Just a note, yes you always want good sanitary procedures for this, but the virus is not spread by getting into your open cuts, on hands, etc.  It is a virus and it will get transmitted through eyes, nose and mouth.  

Honored Contributor

why?  They sterile them after each use.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   If you want your own tools that you need to take home and care for them.  You have no idea how your tools would be handled at the salon.  Better be safe than sorry.

kindness is strength
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.