Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree

curious .... what's the name of the other company?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When I was sick and unable to leave my house, my doctor's nurse gave me a list of in-home professionals which included personal groomers. I spoke with my insurance company about it and part of the services were covered under my insurance plan at that time.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

When I was sick and unable to leave my house, my doctor's nurse gave me a list of in-home professionals which included personal groomers. I spoke with my insurance company about it and part of the services were covered under my insurance plan at that time.

I think you are right in saying that asking professionals such as one's doctor's staff is the correct way to go about this.  It is wonderful that you had such a service for your illness.  However, an illness is different from having a total-knee or total-hip replacement when it comes to pedicures, manicures or dental work and some of the same could be said with cardiac surgeries.  Anything that invades tissues during the healing period of some surgeries can be infective, injurious and/or even fatal to a patient. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mani & Pedi @ home

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday,

I have scleroderma and used to get my scleroderma wounds debrided in the doctor's office frequently. This left me unable to drive because the wounds were on my hands and feet. The person who came to my house to help me with the mani/pedi thing was a licensed nurse aid who was trained to do this kind of dreadful job. I had to have the whole nine yards done to me...changed dressings and trim the nails...all with careful infection control technique. Not something I enjoyed in the least and I do occasionally have to go through that again every so often...uhhgg. One time I had a wound on a finger where you could see the bone. It was awful. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. Guess I should have said it was an in-home medical procedure because that is what it was technically.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nonametoday,

I have scleroderma and used to get my scleroderma wounds debrided in the doctor's office frequently. This left me unable to drive because the wounds were on my hands and feet. The person who came to my house to help me with the mani/pedi thing was a licensed nurse aid who was trained to do this kind of dreadful job. I had to have the whole nine yards done to me...changed dressings and trim the nails...all with careful infection control technique. Not something I enjoyed in the least and I do occasionally have to go through that again every so often...uhhgg. One time I had a wound on a finger where you could see the bone. It was awful. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. Guess I should have said it was an in-home medical procedure because that is what it was technically.

@SilleeMee

So sorry to hear you have Scleroderma.  I lost a very dear friend (in-law relative) due to scleroderma.  It is another very mean disease. 

I suffer MS and have, on occasion, had issues with wounds, but nothing compared to yours, I am sure.  I am relativey woundfree for now.  Occasionally the cold weather can bring out issues (why, we never know, do we).  One never knows when these autoimmune things pop up, when or what they have in store for us.  May God bless you and make 2018 the best year ever and may you have very few issues with your disease.  I will be thinking about you.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you @NonametodayHeart I hope you enjoy your New Year's as well.  Cheers!Woman Very Happy