Super Contributor
Bamboo did the same to my hair, way to drying, the same with the wen kids. My hair loves fig, it loves the moisture. I just did a 4 day stint with the MIF and even though it was better than the bamboo I still ended up with really dry hair after 4 days of using it. If your hair did not like bamboo I doubt it will like the MIF.
Super Contributor
On 3/20/2015 Denise from Canada said: Bamboo did the same to my hair, way to drying, the same with the wen kids. My hair loves fig, it loves the moisture. I just did a 4 day stint with the MIF and even though it was better than the bamboo I still ended up with really dry hair after 4 days of using it. If your hair did not like bamboo I doubt it will like the MIF.

Do you wash your hair every day?

Super Contributor
On 3/20/2015 Crisso said:
On 3/20/2015 Denise from Canada said: Bamboo did the same to my hair, way to drying, the same with the wen kids. My hair loves fig, it loves the moisture. I just did a 4 day stint with the MIF and even though it was better than the bamboo I still ended up with really dry hair after 4 days of using it. If your hair did not like bamboo I doubt it will like the MIF.

Yes I cleanse with wen every day. Sometimes twice a day if I work out or run later in the day.
Super Contributor
On 3/20/2015 Denise from Canada said:

Yes I cleanse with wen every day. Sometimes twice a day if I work out or run later in the day.

I was just curious when you wrote 4 days of trial. I cannot wash my hair every day because it would go dry very quickly. I think it is water that dries hair out more than cleansers. That's just one theory I read about recently.

Super Contributor

I was just curious when you wrote 4 days of trial. I cannot wash my hair every day because it would go dry very quickly. I think it is water that dries hair out more than cleansers. That's just one theory I read about recently.

Not the case for me, been using wen since 2011 and cleanse every day. My hair works best with the wheat base cleansers and tolerates some of the soy based seasonals. It has issues with the rice based cleansers, they just dry out my hair. There are actually a few wenners on the forum who have similar hair as I do, our hair loves the wheat. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Not the case for me, been using wen since 2011 and cleanse every day. My hair works best with the wheat base cleansers and tolerates some of the soy based seasonals. It has issues with the rice based cleansers, they just dry out my hair. There are actually a few wenners on the forum who have similar hair as I do, our hair loves the wheat. Smiley Happy

Cool! Which are the wheat formulations? I promise, this is my last question. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor

Cool! Which are the wheat formulations? I promise, this is my last question. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

The original cores, so Fig, Lavender, Tea Tree and Sweet Almond Mint. I do find lavender a bit drying but my hair loves fig and tea tree, can use Sweet Almond Mint to. Pom is soy based and my hair is not a fan of that one. I can use a few of the seasonals, but only three to four times in a row, the soy based cleansers also seem to dry my hair out. But because of the different oils and extracts added to each seasonal scent , my hair loves some and not others. The best for moisture is the Summer Honey Peach, Winter Vanilla Mint, Fall Ginger Pumpkin, & Fall Apple Spice. The Winter White Citrus was okay to. The other ones were to drying.
Esteemed Contributor

http://community.qvc.com/forums/wen/topic/438100/wen-abbreviations-glossary.aspx

TYPES OF WEN CLEANSING CONDITIONERS

--

Core/Standard Cleansing Conditioners

* wheat-based: Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber-Aloe (CA)

* soy-based & wheat-free: Pomegranate (POM)

* rice-based, wheat-free, soy-free & nut-free: Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) -- bamboo amino acid complex & additional skin care ingredients

--

Kids Cleansing Conditioners

* all rice-based - no wheat, gluten, soy or nuts / menthol-free: Apple, Watermelon & Strawberry-Banana

Note: Except for BGT, Core CCs and Kids CCs do not have the amino acid complex.

--

613 Cleansing Conditioner

* soy-based - no wheat, gluten, or nuts / most concentrated amino acid complex / additional skin care ingredients -- Chaz: "CC on steroids"

--

Fall 2013 - Summer 2014 Seasonal Cleansing Conditioners

-- all soy-based - no wheat or gluten / amino acid complex / additional skin care ingredients

* Fall Apple Spice (Sept. - Nov. 2013)

* Winter Cranberry Mint (Dec. 2013 - Feb. 2014)

* Spring Orange Blossom (Mar. - May 2014)

* Summer Honey Peach (June - Aug. 2014)

* Note: With the exception of special gift set promotions, each Seasonal CC is only available during its three-month seasonal period. -- Dec. 2013 TSV included FAS & WCM and the follow-up June 2014 TSV A-D shipment will include all four of the above Seasonals.

--

Prior Seasonal CCs (produced for two years: fall 2011 - summer 2013)

-- all soy-based - no wheat or gluten / amino acid complex / additional skin care ingredients (prior Seasonals are not currently available)

* Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP)

* Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM)

* Spring Gardenia Green Tea (SGGT)

* Summer Mango Coconut (SMC)

* Note: Dec. 2013 TSV included SGGT & SMC.

----

Super Contributor

The original cores, so Fig, Lavender, Tea Tree and Sweet Almond Mint. I do find lavender a bit drying but my hair loves fig and tea tree, can use Sweet Almond Mint to. Pom is soy based and my hair is not a fan of that one. I can use a few of the seasonals, but only three to four times in a row, the soy based cleansers also seem to dry my hair out. But because of the different oils and extracts added to each seasonal scent , my hair loves some and not others. The best for moisture is the Summer Honey Peach, Winter Vanilla Mint, Fall Ginger Pumpkin, & Fall Apple Spice. The Winter White Citrus was okay to. The other ones were to drying.

Merci beaucoup, Denise!

Super Contributor

Merci beaucoup, Denise!

You are welcome! Smiley Happy