Honored Contributor

Re: Mallys' Instant Impact Mascara: a FAIL for me : (

I doubt that the FDA would get into the "potency" of ingredients. That's a whole other ballgame. I think that by using the word "predominance," they are indeed just talking about amount.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I doubt that the FDA would get into the "potency" of ingredients. That's a whole other ballgame. I think that by using the word "predominance," they are indeed just talking about amount.

I was actually questioning the skincare company's use of the word "potency" and what was meant by that versus the FDA labeling. Some people use the word potency when they actually mean there is more of something, that is why I was asking Montana what ingredient it was.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I use her original mascara in the white tube. Had hoped this would be a great one to add but no-go. I really like the applicator; kinda soft and flexible but it did not give me the thickness that the white tube does.

The worst part was that it burned/stung as I applied it. With one coat on, by eye began to water and then BURN. Went and removed it (along with all my makeup) and watched my one eye area swell up. Took some Benadryl and promptly contacted QVC. Don't know what's in it but my eye didn't like it!

Ah well.

I was so disappointed to see how little volumizing her new mascara had.  One could tell just by the models, alone, that it wasn't a very good mascara--if one wants ooomph and volume and drama.  The "original" was great--it did dry out if one bought the 6 pack, but it was a really good mascara.

This one looked NO better than any drugstore mascara.  None of the models , albeit perhaps one, looked much different with the mascara on or no mascara on.  I don't know what she was thinking, but this is NO improvement.  It looks worse.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

Even though the ingredients are exactly the same, the strength of the ingredients can be different.

This happened to me when a favorite toner started breaking me out. The ingredients were the same and in the same order but I knew something was different. I called the company and found out one of the ingredients was made stronger. That was the problem.

I agree.  But, if they are listed in the same order, they should be of comparable strength.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"