Honored Contributor

Mallys' Instant Impact Mascara: a FAIL for me : (

I use her original mascara in the white tube. Had hoped this would be a great one to add but no-go. I really like the applicator; kinda soft and flexible but it did not give me the thickness that the white tube does.

The worst part was that it burned/stung as I applied it. With one coat on, by eye began to water and then BURN. Went and removed it (along with all my makeup) and watched my one eye area swell up. Took some Benadryl and promptly contacted QVC. Don't know what's in it but my eye didn't like it!

Ah well.

Contributor

Re: Mallys' Instant Impact Mascara: a FAIL for me : (

the only mascara of mally's that works for me is her waterproof volumizing in the pink tube. any other one weighs down the curl and straightens my lashes. however, I can get the same impact from Maybelline full n soft waterproof for only 8 bucks Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

If you check the ingrediants for both white tube and Instant Impact they are the same.  Only difference is the brush/applicator:

Instant Impact Mascara (A230563)
Ingredients: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal
Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, CoperniciaCerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Glyceryl Stearate,
Polybutene, Tricontanyl PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,
Polyquaternium-65, Hydrolyzed Rhodophycea Extract.
May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499),
Carmine (CI75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium
Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Greens (CI 77289).

White Tube:

Ingredients: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, Tricontanyl PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Polyquaternium-65, Hydrolyzed Rhodophycea Extract

May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Greens (CI 77289)

Respected Contributor

Even though the ingredients are exactly the same, the strength of the ingredients can be different.

This happened to me when a favorite toner started breaking me out. The ingredients were the same and in the same order but I knew something was different. I called the company and found out one of the ingredients was made stronger. That was the problem.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Question ~ I'm on my last tube of Mally's Volumizing Mascara (white tube) from when she sold the 6 pack.  My favorite for years.  I have been reading here that the formula has since been changed, and it is not so good anymore?  Drats!  What did you all switch to that is similar?  I need something soon, and if it was changed for the worse, I don't want to order and have to return.  THANKS!  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Occasional Contributor

Does the maybelline full n soft flake at all or leave raccoon eyes? I'm looking for a mascara that doesn't do this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Montana wrote:

Even though the ingredients are exactly the same, the strength of the ingredients can be different.

This happened to me when a favorite toner started breaking me out. The ingredients were the same and in the same order but I knew something was different. I called the company and found out one of the ingredients was made stronger. That was the problem.

@ MontanaI am not really sure what you mean by that? Ingredients are listed in order of concentration in the product so  how could the ingredient be made "stronger" yet still appear in the same order? Can you state which ingredient you are referring to in your post? That might clarify things.

But this thread is 2+ years old so alot could have happened in that amount of time in terms of ingredient changes @Lemmonee posted.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze, I thought ingredients were listed in order by volume, not potency  For example, water is listed first on many products because there is more water than anything else. 

The toner I mentioned was by Zia and it was many years ago, so I can't remember specifics, but the ingredient list was exactly the same. According to the Zia rep the amount of the ingredient was the same but it was stronger.

So I am not sure what happened back then.  I just knew the toner was different.  Today, I would ask more questions.

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

@HappyDaze, I thought ingredients were listed in order by volume, not potency  For example, water is listed first on many products because there is more water than anything else. 

The toner I mentioned was by Zia and it was many years ago, so I can't remember specifics, but the ingredient list was exactly the same. According to the Zia rep the amount of the ingredient was the same but it was stronger.

So I am not sure what happened back then.  I just knew the toner was different.  Today, I would ask more questions.

@ Montana hmmmm I will have to think on this more and see what I can find. The FDA requires ingredients listed in the order of "predomiannce" and then anything considered a "drug", which many skincare is considered to be, then active ingredients are listed a bit differently. I also think it depends on what is meant by potency as some do consider a product to be more potent if a product has more of a certain ingredient. It is kind of a gray area. Something I will have to research a bit more (which I enjoy actually, lol. Nerd that I am). Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze, I read the same FDA information you did and I was not sure what "predominance" meant.

This is one Google definition: the state or condition of being greater in number or amount.