Respected Contributor

...was one of my fave product vendors until product changes were made.  For old-time-sake I was checking out some of her presentations.  I'm betting her hormones are going strong and should be, as she's still young. 

From someone menopausal, never much of a crier even through many personal challenges and tragedies when I did have a modicum of hormones running through my body,   I almost envy Mally's high's and lows.  I wonder how much of that is actually hormones. That may sound terrible but not meant to degrade women in the least.  I know in the past before my period I was moody.  If I did cry in my case it was hormonal.

After discovering I carry the BRCA gene, breast cancer and having a prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy,  my doctor wanted  hormone blood work, which really wasn't necessary,  It was obvious to me I was depleted.  He described my lack of hormones as globally-universally flat.  Kind of a redundant term and one that didn't require tests for me to know.  I guess I miss having hormones, and Mally reminded me of that.

She becomes very emotional and teary in several of her presentations.  I know she lost her Mom to breast cancer when very young, is raising 3 girls and seems to be a very tender person.  She had a hard time getting through the presentation of Disney's "Frozen collections" which came out last month, I think. I sure wish the quality in several products was still there.  This Disney item would've made a sweet gift with a choice between cool and warm tone configurations.

Anyway, I really like her.  Are any long-term Mally users finding the contrary, especially in her creme shadow pencils and mascara?

Respected Contributor

That collection was a total bust.  It could've been SO GOOD with all of the beauty influencers gushing over it, but she/they chose to not make eyeshadow palette even though that's what EVERYONE wants.  It should've been a large, beautiful cool shadow palette for Elsa and a large gorgeous warm shadow palette for Ana.  A very large bummer that was.

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

...was one of my fave product vendors until product changes were made.  For old-time-sake I was checking out some of her presentations.  I'm betting her hormones are going strong and should be, as she's still young. 

From someone menopausal, never much of a crier even through many personal challenges and tragedies when I did have a modicum of hormones running through my body,   I almost envy Mally's high's and lows.  I wonder how much of that is actually hormones. That may sound terrible but not meant to degrade women in the least.  I know in the past before my period I was moody.  If I did cry in my case it was hormonal.

After discovering I carry the BRCA gene, breast cancer and having a prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy,  my doctor wanted  hormone blood work, which really wasn't necessary,  It was obvious to me I was depleted.  He described my lack of hormones as globally-universally flat.  Kind of a redundant term and one that didn't require tests for me to know.  I guess I miss having hormones, and Mally reminded me of that.

She becomes very emotional and teary in several of her presentations.  I know she lost her Mom to breast cancer when very young, is raising 3 girls and seems to be a very tender person.  She had a hard time getting through the presentation of Disney's "Frozen collections" which came out last month, I think. I sure wish the quality in several products was still there.  This Disney item would've made a sweet gift with a choice between cool and warm tone configurations.

Anyway, I really like her.  Are any long-term Mally users finding the contrary, especially in her creme shadow pencils and mascara?

@Funloving  I did use her original mascara in white tube. Deliveries began arriving old and dried out. Now I use Josie’s.... very conditioning.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus

Same experience here.  I thought perhaps the QVC stock was old, so tried a tube from Ulta.  Same thing, so I returned it right after I tried it out.  At one time the Volumizing mascara in the white tube is all I used because it was so good.  Too bad.

Trusted Contributor

I really like the concealer that came with the powder in the pink pouch. I forget the proper name of it at the moment. I don't think she has it anymore which happens frequently when I like something-Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I was a Mally fan the moment I "found" QVC. I liked all of her products, especially her High Shine lip colors, mascara, and face defender. 

After her company was bought, I noticed a big change in the quality of her products. For a while, Ulta had some of the older ones in stock. I got a few of those. But I stopped buying her products because they're just not the same. I get the impression the new company is trying to "cut some corners" with the products. 

I did get the Frozen collections. DD is a huge Disney fan, so I thought she'd like the boxes. She got Elsa for Christmas; Santa Claus "brought" me Anna! I've been using the products. First, the packaging is pretty with the silver ice swirls on it, but it's nowhere near Mally's former quality. It's really flimsy. I can tell a difference in the shadow sticks and the liner. I don't think the liner is going to last me long. The mascara is nothing like her older one. Smiley Sad

Everyone I've run into who has met her says she is really sweet in person, and I'm sure she is. I read her book and enjoyed it. DD follows her on social media, and we watched one night when she was doing her makeup in her home getting ready to go to dinner with her family. She's really funny when she is unfiltered!

Trusted Contributor

@Funloving, I like how well you write.. I enjoy when I read a post I by you.

So good to hear you are a BC survivor, my sis had BC x2 and she's as survivor (had it very young and then in 15' with 2 mastec).

I digress as usual..a tad of ADD (funny we are on the hormone topic since that was diagnosed with it post menopausally!) ugh..maybe that's why I enjoy your succinct writing lol. Okay onto the subject! I think with Mally and please no one here get me wrong. I really like her a lot. I feel she's a bit bipolar...many people are and even just a slight 'case' ..it's so common not to be hidden about nowadays. I think at least she comes off that way on TV often and it does make her special and funny and kind..but you mention the mood (extremes) maybe it's more enhanced when on the air at QVC and Mally is excited.

I think with the Frozen presentation that I've have seen too with tears and emotions..IMHO it's tears of joy & gratitude that Disney picked her up for this (even if not many care for it, it's still a keepsake of sorts). A wonderful thing she is so proud of...that's what I think about this particular presentation. Others? maybe it is hormonal. I'm a HSP highly sensitive person[ a book on it lol]. I'm better now but could cry on a dime when my meno first popped it's head.. it was H*E LL w/the heat flushes!!had it so bad meno for  13 years, and still hot then cold...it began at 43-46.

I think maybe she is a sensitive gal and maybe has a bit of a mood disorder and not cutting her up! it makes her who she is...very special to so many! and I miss a few of her products that seem to come for a year or less then go.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Love Mally!  I used to LOVE her mascara in the white tube.  It was often dried out though when bought from QVC in the 6 pack.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I used Mally's line for years after she came to QVC. Her palettes were my favorite shadows.  Since her company was sold the quality is down so I no longer try anything.  I have her original shadow sticks and they are wonderful.  A few years ago I bought the newer ones for the different colors and they were a return.  Not the same quality at all.

Respected Contributor

@daisyk wrote:

I really like the concealer that came with the powder in the pink pouch. I forget the proper name of it at the moment. I don't think she has it anymore which happens frequently when I like something-Smiley Happy

@daisyk-

Hi there.  You're talking about the Cancellation Concealer, which has been my holy grail of concealers for quite a few years,  I was able to purchase refills before Beauty.com went out of business and the quality is as good as always prior to discontinuing.  I used the single concealer only,  because just about any light weight powder works well for me and still have plenty of the green palette with the powder.  I also found one on eBay for a steal, so I have 2 back ups and just opened a new one a few weeks ago.  Not sure what I'll do without it.  I obviously agree it's a great product. I did find a drugstore concealer on my quest to save money- but honestly, it's nothing like Mally's- so that's an item I haven't been able to dupe.

Take care!