Trusted Contributor

Re: Mally shadow stick extra 5 pc A274573

I too received these Mally shadow sticks.  It's the first time I've ever used this type of shadow and the creamy texture is divine. 

On a whim, I put the colors on the back of my hand in the order they were listed on the back of the box, left to right.  Then I blended and blurred a little to see what they would look like and had a brainstorm. 

This morning, I put one swipe of each color in that exact same order on my eyelids.  The Mahogany ends up perfectly in the crease, the Moonlight just under the brow.  Then I blended a bit with a soft brush and the look was terrific!

Now I never in a million years thought I'd use them ALL at the same time, but I tell you, the look worked.  Not quite 'smoky eye' but a touch of that look perfect for daytime.  And just one swipe of each does it.  Give it a try!

Learn something new every day! 

Give it a try!

Valued Contributor

Mally's items are excluded from coupons at ulta.

Respected Contributor

I received mine a couple of days ago and agree that the colors all seem wearable.  However, I put mine on in the morning and went back a couple of hours later and it was almost gone.  I thought these were like tattoos in a stick.  I will try again as I liked the look better than powder but if it only lasts an hour what it the point.  I did not think you had to put on a primer under these. 

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I received mine a couple of days ago and agree that the colors all seem wearable.  However, I put mine on in the morning and went back a couple of hours later and it was almost gone.  I thought these were like tattoos in a stick.  I will try again as I liked the look better than powder but if it only lasts an hour what it the point.  I did not think you had to put on a primer under these. 

I had the same experience- they did not last. I even tried with a few different primers and had the same issue. I returned mine. I did like the colors of 3 of them though- very, very pretty.

Frequent Contributor

I had the exact same experience.... no lasting power at all... they were creased on my eye lid in two hours. and almost completely gone in four ...

Also, the taupe does not look taupe on me... it does on my hand but on my eye lids it is gray and not a flattering gray.... I guess I will return these. 

Honored Contributor

@katieqr wrote:

I had the exact same experience.... no lasting power at all... they were creased on my eye lid in two hours. and almost completely gone in four ...

Also, the taupe does not look taupe on me... it does on my hand but on my eye lids it is gray and not a flattering gray.... I guess I will return these. 

Bummer, sorry you had the same experience. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I got mine and I'm wondering why so much "glitter" .....  One matte and 4 glitter sticks make me wonder just who this is made for.    I'm not a rock star or a pole dancer and really don't need that much glitter in my eye shadows .... BE does the same thing!     What's up with that?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I got mine and I'm wondering why so much "glitter" .....  One matte and 4 glitter sticks make me wonder just who this is made for.    I'm not a rock star or a pole dancer and really don't need that much glitter in my eye shadows .... BE does the same thing!     What's up with that?

I don't think 3 of them really look glittery but shimmery, yes, but I actually like shimmer. However the moonlight one is wayyy too much and does look more like glitter to me. Mally likes her shimmery sparkles that is for sure. Smiley Wink