Regular Contributor

Is it better than Dimitri' s?  

Honored Contributor

I'm not familiar with Dimitri's.  However, I used Mally's years ago and I loved it.  It kept going up in price so I moved on.  Not sure if it is still the same quality now that her company was sold.

Super Contributor

I'm not familiar with that other brand but I've been using her primer for many years. It is wonderful  .I stock up when she hasthe jumbo jar for 70.00  I keep the extras in a cool  dark place . Lasts unopened for at least 2 years I'm70 and my skin looks amazing

I highly recommend you try it

Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for your recommendation... I will give it a try.   I was asking about Dimitri James Skinn cosmetics.  

Super Contributor

i'd go to youtube and search for reviews on his line hopefully that will help

Esteemed Contributor

I think this would be for people who have normal to dry skin. It has a lot of moisturizing ingredients in it so I think people with oily skin might have a problem with it. It actually does have beneficial ingredients in it and if it is still packaged in a jar, that isn't beneficial for keeping those ingredients at their peak but the primer ingredients themselves would be ok.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I didn't like Mally's at all.  I used to use Laura Geller's which was good but Dimitri's works best for me.  

Honored Contributor

I've tried both and like neither.  Too many silicones seem to make me break out and I just don't like how these primers feel on my face.  But one thing that really turned me off about Mally's is that it contains hydrogenated vegetable oil.  That made me envision that I was putting Crisco shortening on my face.  No thanks.

Honored Contributor

Either L'Oréal or Olay makes a blurring moisturizer that is better than any primer I've used. 

Never wear it for every day (don't really think a primer is necessary if makeup formula is correct), but do wear it for special occasions just to smooth out neck area a little.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never used Mally's original primer that is now available in the 3oz tube for $70.00.  Waaay too expensive for me!!   But I do use her Neutralizing Primer and it definitely lives up to all its promises.  Sometimes I wear Mally's Neutralizing Primer instead of a foundation - the coverage and camoflaging properties are that good.  I have very oily skin and Mally's primer makes me shiny after a few hours and I have to powder or blot.  I think it would be perfect for ladies with dry skin.

I used Dimitri's tinted primer years ago and liked it paired with his CC cream.  It didn't work with any of my other foundations, so I didn't re-purchase.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt