Super Contributor
On 7/29/2014 LipstickDiva said:

There is a review for the kit and it's 1 star. The reviewer said the foundation was pasty, runs dark and is a very small amount.

I love the kit and use everything in it. I use Light in IT Cosmetics and Smashbox. The light is NOT too dark or pasty at all. You don't use a lot of product to get a beautiful finish. Check out musings review here http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2014/07/mally-simple-steps-u-u-love-review-swatches.html with a swatch of the Light. I love Mally's cosmetics and am slowly switching over completely to her line. Honestly, it surprised me because I've been pretty faithful to IT and Tarte these past few years. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and nothing from her line has caused a breakout either.

Super Contributor

suzy - thank you so much for being kind enough to help us out! The way you explained it made it seem like something I could probably do myself. Thanks for being wonderful!

Esteemed Contributor

It's a good deal if you like Mally's products because most will use the foundation, lip color, mascara, eyeliner, and shadow stick even if they don't care for the yellow brightener cream. The brightener is a decent product and anyone afraid of the color should try it before dismissing it. There's also a foundation brush included.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/29/2014 Colonel Meow said:

suzy - thank you so much for being kind enough to help us out! The way you explained it made it seem like something I could probably do myself. Thanks for being wonderful! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Colonel Meow, I am one of suzy's star pupils. Smiley Happy Thanks again, suzy!

Just fyi: URL means Uniform Resource Locator.

Honored Contributor

It is a good deal in general but I don't know how that foundation is and I personally do not like the eye brightener (doesn't do anything for me). I like her shadow sticks and her mascara (I switch out the brush- I like thinner brushes to apply her mascara). I've never tried that eyeliner or the lip product. But it seems like you get a bunch of products for a decent price.

Respected Contributor

It's a good way to try things. I have come to love her makeup--some things are not good, some are GREAT. Right now, I think I use about 75pct Mally, especially eye makeup and lip gloss. I hope the foundation is good. I also like the mascara and eye shadow sticks.

Esteemed Contributor

Would any of the items be at the Ulta's that carry Mally?

Honored Contributor

Mally is so pretty, perky & energetic. She cracks me up when she says "bullet proof." {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I have not purchased any of her "products *yet.* But, her $20 7 item product special value line made me perk up.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

My pleasure, Colonel Meow and Harpa. Smile

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
On 7/29/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 7/28/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 7/28/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Tomorrow. I promise.

Let me know whether you know how to copy something and whether you know what an URL is.

Yes, I know how to copy and paste. I think I know what a URL is - some type of address or hyperlink(?)

Okay, perfect. Since you know how to copy and paste, you know how to highlight (a.k.a., select) text.

And yes, the URL is the address or a hyperlink. Each page online has a URL. It's the mess of words and numbers in the address bar above.

So here are the easy steps I use to create a link (others may do it differently):

When you're on the page to which you want to link, highlight the URL for that page.

Copy the URL. I do that by right-clicking on the highlighted material and then clicking on "copy."

Come back to your post here. You have two options: You can just use Ctrl V to place the URL in your post. But if you want to create a link to make it easier for others, do the following:

Highlight whichever word or words in your post to which you want to embed your link. Usually, it's the title or subject matter or some reference to that page, but it can be anything you want.

Then look at the top of the reply box. Click on the icon that looks like binoculars (hover over it and it should say "Insert/Edit Link."

Click on that icon, and a box will appear. Where it says "Link URL," use Ctrl V to put in your URL that you had copied from the page. Ignore the middle box that says "Target."

Then click on "Insert" at the bottom of that box. Your word or words should now show up in a different color. And voila, you have embedded your link.

If you need further clarification, don't hesitate to ask, even if you think it's silly.

Very nice of you, SQ3, to take the time to write that out. I would add that I usually don't ignore the "target" window. Instead I always choose "open in a new window". That way if the user inadvertently closes out of the window they don't have to go back and start over on the site in which they originally were in.