Super Contributor
On 7/28/2014 wvumountiefan said: Colonel meow I would have sent you a pix but I'm new to this and not very computer/ tablet savy! Smiley Wink

I understand, wvu! I'm woefully deficient when it comes to that kind of stuff. I don't even know how to post a link! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Honored Contributor
On 7/28/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 7/28/2014 wvumountiefan said: Colonel meow I would have sent you a pix but I'm new to this and not very computer/ tablet savy! Smiley Wink

I understand, wvu! I'm woefully deficient when it comes to that kind of stuff. I don't even know how to post a link! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

I can teach if you want. Smile

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor
On 7/28/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I can teach if you want. Smile

Oooh, please do, suzy! I'd love to learn!

Respected Contributor
I would love to know Suzy and I would like to know how you gals get those little faces. I use my iPad Air and didn't know if I needed to download something. TIA!!!
Honored Contributor

Tomorrow. I promise.

Let me know whether you know how to copy something and whether you know what an URL is.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Tomorrow. I promise.

Let me know whether you know how to copy something and whether you know what an URL is.

Yes, I know how to copy and paste. I think I know what a URL is - some type of address or hyperlink(?)

Trusted Contributor

I tried the fair kit, and the foundation is very orange. Had to send it back. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

There is a review for the kit and it's 1 star. The reviewer said the foundation was pasty, runs dark and is a very small amount.

Honored Contributor

Tomorrow. I promise.

Yes, I know how to copy and paste. I think I know what a URL is - some type of address or hyperlink(?)

Okay, perfect. Since you know how to copy and paste, you know how to highlight (a.k.a., select) text.

And yes, the URL is the address or a hyperlink. Each page online has a URL. It's the mess of words and numbers in the address bar above.

So here are the easy steps I use to create a link (others may do it differently):

When you're on the page to which you want to link, highlight the URL for that page.

Copy the URL. I do that by right-clicking on the highlighted material and then clicking on "copy."

Come back to your post here. You have two options: You can just use Ctrl V to place the URL in your post. But if you want to create a link to make it easier for others, do the following:

Highlight whichever word or words in your post to which you want to embed your link. Usually, it's the title or subject matter or some reference to that page, but it can be anything you want.

Then look at the top of the reply box. Click on the icon that looks like binoculars (hover over it and it should say "Insert/Edit Link."

Click on that icon, and a box will appear. Where it says "Link URL," use Ctrl V to put in your URL that you had copied from the page. Ignore the middle box that says "Target."

Then click on "Insert" at the bottom of that box. Your word or words should now show up in a different color. And voila, you have embedded your link.

If you need further clarification, don't hesitate to ask, even if you think it's silly.

Honored Contributor
On 7/28/2014 wvumountiefan said: I would love to know Suzy and I would like to know how you gals get those little faces. I use my iPad Air and didn't know if I needed to download something. TIA!!!

wvumountiefan, see my reply today to Colonel Meow regarding creating a link here.

As for faces, the only emoticons I use are the ones we can choose from at the top of this reply box -- the icon that is a smiley. If you're referring to any others, I can't help you. :-(