Occasional Contributor

Mally's TSV Warning on Mascara

I received the TSV a few days ago and just now looked at the mascara. Was I ever shocked to see the label which reads: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer". Of course, I won't be using it, but now hesitant about using other Mally products.

Any comments?

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Re: Mally's TSV Warning on Mascara

I received this too on my mascara and posted it on the Mally board. some people received it on the lip gloss. I haven't done anything with the kit yet. I am contemplating return it. I am sure I use and come in contact with a lot of things on a daily basis that could cause cancer or have cancer causing ingrediants in them but to use a product that actually has a sticker on it warning me, I'm not sure I can do that.

Occasional Contributor

I feel exactly like you. I just cannot use a beauty product that has a warning label on it!! And now the lip gloss. Kit is going back and I am cancelling my auto delivery.

Honored Contributor

California requires cancer warnings where no one else does - on all kinds of things. If other states aren't also requiring the label, I'm just not spending my time worrying too much at all.

There's science and then there's California science.

Esteemed Contributor

Is this product being produced in California? How far reaching is the California warning. Do all products have to list cancer warnings because California does. The only solution to the label in my mind would be..... NOT TO SELL IT IN CALIFORNIA. I don't buy Mally products but when I saw this post I thought it was interesting. One state has a warning and I am wondering if the product has to list this warning if it is sold in another state. Seems a bit unfair. Or it is wonderful and a great warning for us all. I cannot make up my mind if they are protecting us or hindering us.

Respected Contributor

That funny because I just got an email from Q saying that they sent a warning like this to me in error for an item I ordered. But they didn't bother to tell me which item. Clothing? Cosmetic? Who knows but I'm suppose to ignore it.

Regular Contributor

So does this mean the rest of us in the other 49 states get cancer or are the lab rats for makeup and skincare?

for beauty products - I am 54, blue eye's, very fair. Skin is normal, but prone to eczema patches.
Super Contributor

She's being totally honest and abiding by the law. Don't kid yourself. We all are and have been for years using products than can and do cause cancer. No one labels it as such yet, but eventually all will have to. Returning it might ease your conscious, but you still are using other products probably as harmful if not more so. Goodness, consider the food we eat.

Not applicable

check your email. qvc sent out an email saying this warning was sent out in error

Not applicable

I was wondering the same thing!! has any one gotten a response yet?