Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I was going to order it last night but recent reviews were not good....saying the formula has changed.

Is this true? I don't want clumpy mascara...

Is it dry still?

It tends to get clumpy on the brush no matter how many times I wiped it off with tissue. The next day I would take it out of the tube to apply and the same clumpy uneven application. Some lashes would be coated too much and since the brush had too much mascara on it, it would be one gooey mess.

I just threw it out because I know Mally's company had some trouble lately and I don't want to add to her troubles. Maybe she can iron out the defects and it will be like it used to be. Hope so because I reallly like Mally.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mally's Mascara?

[ Edited ]

It was interesting reading through your comments here.  The white tube non-waterproof Mally's Volumizing mascara had been my holy grail for quite a while.  

Then all of a sudden it stopped working the same.  It does nothing for me..  And, I was unaware of the sale.  I guess I live under a rock. Smiley Surprised

Anyway,   I was planning to post about this.  I'm on the hunt for a replacement now.  I was using Diorshow before, but now I'm spoiled and would prefer to stay in the same price range.  I'm trying the newest from Smashbox, I had a sample of BE's Lash Domination which I kinda like, so purchased a tube of that.  I'll start with these 2 to see if I can come up with a replacement for my beloved white tube.   I KNOW it doesn't perform the same for me.  At all.   

Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

It was interesting reading through your comments here.  The white tube non-waterproof Mally's Volumizing mascara had been my holy grail for quite a while.  

Then all of a sudden it stopped working the same.  It does nothing for me..  And, I was unaware of the sale.  I guess I live under a rock. Smiley Surprised

Anyway,   I was planning to post about this.  I'm on the hunt for a replacement now.  I was using Diorshow before, but now I'm spoiled and would prefer to stay in the same price range.  I'm trying the newest from Smashbox, I had a sample of BE's Lash Domination which I kinda like, so purchased a tube of that.  I'll start with these 2 to see if I can come up with a replacement for my beloved white tube.   I KNOW it doesn't perform the same for me.  At all.   

Smiley Sad

How do you like the SB mascara?

I'm glad you ladies let me know that Mally's formula changed.  I almost bought the duo last night!  I guess I won't.  BUMMER as she had a great mascara!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

When I first tried it I loved it. But, true to form as it goes with mascara for me, it flaked and ended up under my eyes. So disappointing because it made my lashes look SO luxe!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Regular Contributor

Mally's mascara was my favorite for years even though I did get flaking. Once I heard about the financial troubles I stopped buying Mally products because I knew they were going to either go away or change.

The replacement I found makes my lashes look as good as Mally's mascara but no flaking. Ardency Inn Punker mascara. I bought several tubes in case it gets discontinued.

I am still on the hunt for a good replacement for the Mally shadow sticks.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

Smiley Sad

I'm glad you ladies let me know that Mally's formula changed.  I almost bought the duo last night!  I guess I won't.  BUMMER as she had a great mascara!

Hi @winamac1

I'll be sure to let you know.  It gets good reviews from bloggers and on HSN, although I think there are only 10 total reviews which were all good except for the last. It was one of those silly short, "I hate this" type comments, of no use to anyone--  speaking of "dud reviews" from the other thread.

I had an unopened DiorShow in my stash... wasn't sure it would still be good since I'd hung on to it for so long.   Mally was my  go-to.  As it turns out it's fine!  I thought I'd finish this tube since it's so pricey, then dig into the Smashbox Full Exposure.  It claims to lengthen, curl and volumize in one, which is what I look for in a single mascara.  I don't have the patience or desire to use 2 or 3 different mascaras to achieve thickness and lengthening.  I think you'll find plenty of reviews online.. and again, I'll review once I give it a whirl in a few months.

It's in the same price-range as Mally... just no good deals like the Q offers when you buy 2 or the 6 pack.  I always bought the 2 at a time, thinking 6 might be overkill and compromise the product.  I'm not as skeptical anymore... I hate to tell you how long I've had this Diorshow I'm using... lol.

Also, the new Geller mascara looks interesting.

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

Smiley Sad

Hi @winamac1

I'll be sure to let you know.  It gets good reviews from bloggers and on HSN, although I think there are only 10 total reviews which were all good except for the last. It was one of those silly short, "I hate this" type comments, of no use to anyone--  speaking of "dud reviews" from the other thread.

I had an unopened DiorShow in my stash... wasn't sure it would still be good since I'd hung on to it for so long.   Mally was my  go-to.  As it turns out it's fine!  I thought I'd finish this tube since it's so pricey, then dig into the Smashbox Full Exposure.  It claims to lengthen, curl and volumize in one, which is what I look for in a single mascara.  I don't have the patience or desire to use 2 or 3 different mascaras to achieve thickness and lengthening.  I think you'll find plenty of reviews online.. and again, I'll review once I give it a whirl in a few months.

It's in the same price-range as Mally... just no good deals like the Q offers when you buy 2 or the 6 pack.  I always bought the 2 at a time, thinking 6 might be overkill and compromise the product.  I'm not as skeptical anymore... I hate to tell you how long I've had this Diorshow I'm using... lol.

Thanks so much.

I didnt' like the DiorShow.  I felt as if I didn't get the volume I wanted, and the brush was too big to really build!  Try the L'oreal Voluminous!  it's better and its' $6.00.  I'm a mascara junkie and I've tried most, LOL.  Thanks

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I used her mascara for YEARS, because it was the best that I found during that timeframe.  Not any more.  I definitely think it has changed.  It flakes and rubs off, and is somewhat drier.  Too bad.

My favorite of all time was Tova's original mascara.  That has changed too.

Then it was Prescriptives.  Another great one, another change.  The company folded and then reappeared.  The new version is good, but not like the original.

SAD when companies ruin a good thing.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mally's Mascara?

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

Smiley Sad

Hi @winamac1

Thanks so much.

I didnt' like the DiorShow.  I felt as if I didn't get the volume I wanted, and the brush was too big to really build!  Try the L'oreal Voluminous!  it's better and its' $6.00.  I'm a mascara junkie and I've tried most, LOL.  Thanks

I hear you @winamac1I used to LOVE Diorshow.  Once I changed to Mally, I never looked back. You're right about the huge wand but I think the formula is nice and love the rich black.  It never clumped or flaked on me.  Since this wand is open I'm using it, but my quest to find something more like Mally's original formula IS ON. 

I'll probably not wait to use the full tube of Diorshow.  Smashbox's mascara came from HSN in a configuration of a small long-wearing self sharpening eyeliner pencil (LOVE) and a little tube of under-eye primer- whatever that's presumed to be.. haha.  Quite probable it's a throw away.  They still have some.. I think the price may have increased.. but maybe not.  The price was either the same or less than a tube of the mascara with no shipping.   If I don't like it I have no problem sending it back.  I hold these companies true to their word on the way a product performs, so I'd better try it soon in case it doesn't work.

Thanks for the tip on Loreal's Voluminous.  Several here love that mascara.  It just didn't work for me.  Not out much money- so no big deal.  I've tried several drugstore mascaras with no luck, except for Maybelline's Full & Soft- which I wore for years.  

I'll review Smashbox's new mascara sometime next week. Smiley Tongue

Have a good weekend, Win!

ETA:  Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara is NOT a new mascara- not sure why I perceived it was.  Reviews on the Ulta site where it gets 4 out of 5 stars gives you a pretty good idea of what it's all about.  @winamac1, don't think you'd like this one because reviews talk about the big brush.   Also the last review on HSN wasn't the one I was thinking of.  I read so many reviews I confused the useless 1 star review which was obviously attached to another product.   Sorry to unintentionally mislead anyone.

Such a BUMMER they had to change a GREAT product.  This always happens!  Smiley Sad

I disliked the popular "They're Real" mascara by Benefit.  Some others to consider which I've tried as samples & liked are Make Up For Ever Smokey Lash (caveat-may have a larger brush too)  & Bare Minerals Lash Domination-NOT the other one by BE- BIG difference.

Your fellow mascara junkie..  Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

Type in dry mascara/s in the search engine.  It should take you to a Sephora page that discusses various dry formula mascaras.

There are probably more.  Just started researching.