Trusted Contributor

Mally's Last 2014 Shows are Today (Nov. 6)

Are you kidding me? Mally just said this at the conclusion of the 2 p.m. program. I guess her line isn't selling as well as it used to, otherwise she would be on for another four or so weeks.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Mally's Last 2014 Shows are Today (Nov. 6)

That is shocking. I usually get her holiday TSV but I guess she isn't having one. Thanks for letting me know.

Honored Contributor

Wonder where she is going because she is also out of Bendel too

Ulta?

Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 jackthebear said:

Ulta?

she is out of Bendel's? She use to do little workshops and stuff there I thought. That is surprising.

Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 HappyDaze said:

Ulta?

she is out of Bendel's? She use to do little workshops and stuff there I thought. That is surprising.

Yes they are getting out the makeup and perfume area and just going private label stuff, which I think is a huge mistake. Part of the fun of the store is the unique lines you can find there

Let me try to find the info...

http://ny.racked.com/archives/2014/04/16/henri_bendel_focusing_on_its_brand_halts_thirdparty_product...

Honored Contributor

Ulta?

She has a line in most Ulta stores. Ours has a big selection of her products. Since I've always been a fan of Mally's since I first started with QVC, I have told others who have never heard of her - and there are quite a few - about a lot of her products. I've also told them to look here for some better prices on what they want! Wink

Trusted Contributor

Yes, this is a pretty bad sign for us who like her at the Q, I am guessing. I was looking forward to her blockbuster TSV color collection she does every December. I have to say I'm very surprised.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe since her children are getting older, she and her husband want the holidays off to spend with them, or perhaps they are traveling to the Philippines to spend a lot of holiday time with her large family while the children are little and can go before starting school.

Why would you assume it's perhaps her line isn't doing as well ? I think maybe it's doing SO well that after all of these years she can finally take some holiday time off to spend with her family.

I certainly hope that is the reason.

Trusted Contributor

It is sad and her stuff must not be selling as much as the other lines. She was "one of the 25 to watch" back on Q's 25th Anniversary a few years ago. I guess other newer lines/products have cannibalized her line.

If the product was selling strong, QVC would be scheduling many more shows. If Mally was traveling they'd get someone else to host those shows.

Not applicable

I thought she said it was just her last show of the year? I cant see her not coming back - QVC is really big for her and they carry a lot of her stuff on the web site. My guess is she will be back again, just not for the holidays?