New Contributor

Mally's Evercolor Shadow Sticks

I just ordered these and I have a question. When I try to use them I can hardly spread them on my lid. They are so sticky, Is this normal? I was wondering if I got a bad batch. They just will not move I have to rub and rub to get them to move. Any help would be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mally's Evercolor Shadow Sticks

I have several of her shadow sticks, never had that problem. Contact CS or the CS forum here.

Honored Contributor

I tried these and really wanted to like them, but most in the big set were far too shimmery for me (I should just get the velvet ones if I ever want to try them again).  I don't recall them being sticky, though.  Maybe you need to exfoliate your lids and use a lid primer and they'll spread better. 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

I ALWAYS buy the velvet ones. Not much into disco sparkle these days.

The velvet ones are super smooth and nice. Coverage and lasting power is great. For me at least.

Trusted Contributor

@Rosalie922 Thye become sticky and hard to smudge when they are old.  They are not like that at all when they are fresh and new.  Mine have only gotten that way after years or when a cap was left loose... I would call CS and ask for an exchange...

Respected Contributor

I found the same problem with these and I tried using more moisturizer on my lids first but did not help.  They are also way to sparkly for me...sending back and sticking to my Bare Minerals powder pot shadows.  They are still the best IMO!

New Contributor

Thanks everyone I think I will return them. 

Respected Contributor

I love shadow sticks. There are some great ones out there.

I didn't like Mally's. I sent back the set that I ordered, too.

Honored Contributor

I really like Mally's original shadow sticks.  Easy to use and last all day.  A few years ago I bought  more.  They were definitely not the same quality and were a return for me.  Will not try them again.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to love Mally's eye sticks.... but, alas, they changed for the worst.  Currently I'm using a brand called Kiko Milano -- not the best, but will do until I find perfection. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt