Valued Contributor

Mally pure pigment melting lip powder?

Beauty iq steal...what do you think?  Never heard of a lip powder!

Honored Contributor

Re: Mally pure pigment melting lip powder?

[ Edited ]

It sounds like a steal of a deal for the set of 4.  Younique Cosmetics has a current January Kudos and their set of 3 is $60.  I'm intrigued by the concept, saw the Younique demo'd.  My concerns are how well one could see what they are doing since the wand is short and the lid is wide, and how they would look or if they would be drying to the lips once the creaminess dried down.  I'm sure a gloss could be applied over it then, though.

Honored Contributor

I am intrigued by this, also!  I can't imagine how it would work.  A powder.  I would think it be very dry on your lips.  But maybe not.  If anyone gets and tries, please post and tell us how it works! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I am intrigued by this, also!  I can't imagine how it would work.  A powder.  I would think it be very dry on your lips.  But maybe not.  If anyone gets and tries, please post and tell us how it works! 

@AngelPuppy1  It doesn't remain a powder.  As soon as the powder touches your lips it turns into a cream.  Even so, I think the finish becomes matte and that where I would be concerned about dryness.  I'm still tempted though.

Valued Contributor

I’m easy and went for the set. 😀 I like the fewer ingredients for a lipstick. The colors appear to have life to them and look flattering. I agree with you all wondering if they are drying. The one negative for me is if they are made in China. Price drew me.  I am excited to try this new Mally offering. 

Honored Contributor

My concern would be uneven application.  I'm waiting for the reviews.

Regular Contributor

@Lally wrote:

I’m easy and went for the set. 😀 I like the fewer ingredients for a lipstick. The colors appear to have life to them and look flattering. I agree with you all wondering if they are drying. The one negative for me is if they are made in China. Price drew me.  I am excited to try this new Mally offering. 

Ditto for me! i love trying something new and the price was a steal. i got them to use as a stain before my lipstick to help the staying power throughout the workday. i'm not a huge mally fan but the ingredient list was pretty minimal and not bad. we'll aee how they go!

Esteemed Contributor

Laura Geller had a product that was lip powder. That was a long time ago. 'Twas not my favorite texture for lip color.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  It doesn't remain a powder.  As soon as the powder touches your lips it turns into a cream.  Even so, I think the finish becomes matte and that where I would be concerned about dryness.  I'm still tempted though.

@JeanLouiseFinch

It does sound like a neat idea.  But I agree in that it probably does get rather dry.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I finally remembered what Laura's product was called -- lip suedes.