Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mally mascara and fake lashes

I'm amazed Mally has come out with a POWDER foundation. After everything she's said against them, I would never buy one. And now she has to give a good sell for powder. She even said to use the powder as an eye concealer around the eyes. She said that time again NEVER powder around the eyes!

Honored Contributor

@Nunyabisinis wrote:

@HappyDaze I'm not sure when I got mine, I had ordered two newer kits last year. I had put them away, but saw a thread a few weeks ago asking what was up with Mally's mascara. Between that and the reviews there are longer digits on the bottom of the tubes. The new formula sometimes doesn't grab onto the lash and if it does, it clumps several lashes together so you have to use a comb (I normally don't, just the tips) after it is fixed, it just doesn't make them look pretty at all. Mally's old I could put on and they looked great without much effort. Sigh...

@IMissSuperPoke I think you are spot on as I found two different ingredients listed for Mally's volumzing mascara (white tube). The first one is the ingredients listed on QVC's website for the new barely there kit. The second is from beauty.com. I put the ingredients that are different in each in red but also note that the shared ingredients are in different positions in the list so that may indicate they are in different % in the formula now.

Volumizing Mascara Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Polybutene, Tricontanyl Pvp, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyquaternium-65, Hydrolyzed Rhodophycea Extract.

May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Greens (CI 77289).

From beauty.com:

Water (Purified) (Aqua Purificata), Synthetic Beeswax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Stearic Acid, Acacia Gum (Acacia Senegal), Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnauba), Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, Tricontanyl PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Polyquaternium 65, Hydrolyzed Rhodophycea Extract,

May Contain (+/-): (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289) (CI 77289)

Valued Contributor

Great research @HappyDaze! The new mascara, if I had bought it at a drugstore I would probably not return it, but I would not buy it again. I can't imagine paying $20 a tube for it as it is now. Smiley Frustrated