Valued Contributor

Mally eye liner etc..........

Got the kit last time she was on with eye shadow stick, brow product, eye liner and mascara.

Eye shadow is way to shiny and sparkly for me. Love the eyeliner but the product is so soft that I can't keep a point on it so I'm having problems getting it on.Can't seem to get the brow stuff on right. At first I just loved the liner because it really does stay on and mascara is ok but wondering if I only use two things out of the kit if it is worth over 50.00.

How is it working for anyone else? This is my first Mally order so I'm not familiar with the line.

Super Contributor

Re: Mally eye liner etc..........

It sounds like you answered your own question. If you are only slightly happy with one product it would not be worth it to keep it. I just bought Mally's set of five eyeliners. I am happy with them. For me, they rate second, next to Urban Decay's eyliners.

Valued Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Hippie Chic said:

It sounds like you answered your own question. If you are only slightly happy with one product it would not be worth it to keep it. I just bought Mally's set of five eyeliners. I am happy with them. For me, they rate second, next to Urban Decay's eyliners.

You could be right, Smiley Happy I haven't tried Urban Decay but I think I will.

Valued Contributor

I guess I totally didn't really ask what I wanted to know. I wondered if others that ordered this kit are liking it and if there are any suggestions on how to use the brow stuff and what am I dong wrong with the eyeliner?

Honored Contributor

I bought one of her TSVs a while back. I didn't like the eyeshadow either I found it to have almost gritty appearance, not good. Her bulletproof liners don't stay on my eyes either but to be fair no regular pencil liners stay on my eyes. I've switched to gels. I adore her and I like to watch her but I'm not a big fan of her products
Valued Contributor

If you mean Mally's brow in the pot... that is one of my favorite products from her. Once you get the hang of putting it on. Great color and it does stay on just remember to put it on bare skin (no serums or creams). The color is great (I use the Taupe). Try it a few times before you send it back I think you will be glad you did.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Respected Contributor

The sticks ARE shiny--I hate the trend of so much glitter. I have a set of the newer shadow sticks and I love the colors but they are a bit glittery. I wanted them for travel--it's fast and easy to apply two swipes of a stick when you are busy. Less than happy with them. Wish she'd figure out how to go with shimmer, not glitter.

I like her eye pencils. The Sailor is such a useful color (not a dead-black) and the Fearless Brown is beautiful. They are not "bulletproof" if you have oily lids. But they are easy to apply.

I had the brow pot in Taupe but ended up tossing it. It got a bit thick after a while and difficult to comb through my brows. I'm using a pencil from HSN (YBF) Don't like YBF (wow is it ever like watching IT Cosmetics, same concept in brow pencil) but it seems to work ok. The best brow product I had was from Smashbox--a wax and powder pot combo. Brush on powder, comb in wax. I have unruly brows and now that I'm older, have to fill in (when I was young they were more Groucho Marx-like and heavy.)

Valued Contributor

Thsnks for the replies. The eyeliner stays on pretty good but the product is so soft that I can't keep it pointed like I mentioned. I'm going to try tapping it on instead of trying to draw a straight line and see if that works. Not sure why I'm having such an issue with the brow product but by the time I pay for the freight both ways to return I guess if I can only use the mascara and maybe the brow I'd be better off keeping.

Really gets expensive when we pay freight and tax, I could go to Sephora or ulta and not pay shipping but it's just so easy to order online.