Regular Contributor

Mally crayon eyeshadow question please

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased the set of 5 mally eyeshadows as they get great reviews and these were very neutral colors.. really pretty.   my problem is I find they seem to never really adhere...I didn't think I had oily eyelids...but they seem to smudge easily in the crease.. any suggestions or maybe they just aren't for me....      I even tried dusting alittle of my smashbox halo over them afterwards (which I adore by the way and have never found a cheaper replacement...miss the kits they had on Q)    thanks for any suggestions!

Respected Contributor

Re: Mally crayon eyeshadow question please

That's odd, because for me, they stay on like glue.  I will add, though, that I never put any stick shadow (or even powdered) on my bare lids.  My lids have turned very red and dark as I've gotten older, so I always use Mally's eyeshadow primer before applying any other eye makeup.  It not only keeps my eye makeup on all day (even after jogging and sweating), it also cancels out the redness I have.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

I got that set, too, and absolutely love it!  I always wear a shadow primer underneath as it just smooths out everything and gives an even shade to start with as my eyelids are rather pink.  My favorite primers are from Urban Decay -- many to choose from.

Super Contributor

Tried many primers for eyes and the best on the market is Urban Decay.  I purchase it at Sephora and it's worth every penny...  My shadow stays on all day until I take it off at night.  Best ever!!!!

Regular Contributor

okay great..I guess I need to try a primer on my eyelids...I do have foundation on but no primer on my lid.   I actually do use a face primer...but not on my lids... I guess I need to move it onto my lids!   thank you so much for everyone that posted..    i want to love these crayons...

Regular Contributor

or invest in an eye only primer....

Honored Contributor

I love Mally but I've yet to find a product of hers that I'm impressed with.

Honored Contributor

Another primer that I received as a sample and then bought was Benefit's Air Patrol which has sunscreen in it as well as acting as a primer.

It has a twist up dispenser with a soft tip and cover. I find that one twist is sufficient to do each eye lid with my finger.

Here is what it looks like and I got mine at Ulta. It's also at Sephora and Macy's too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Re: Mally crayon eyeshadow question pleasemm

[ Edited ]

I do not have oily lids and I have the exact same issue with this set as you OP. The creased throughout the day and then sort of disappeared later. I tried them without and with various eye primers (i own several) and had the same disappointing result. I returned my set. Very disappointed as I really liked three of the shades and one in particular was amazing for my eyes.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

thank you!  I will look for this one   (to justjazzmom) sorry not good at this discussion board...  i liked the old one Smiley Sad