Trusted Contributor

Some Mally cosmetics on sale at Zulily today.

Valued Contributor

@Bookplate  Thank you!!  I wasnt even aware that Zulily sold Beauty items, let alone Mally!  Smiley Happy

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Trusted Contributor

@TwinkleBell wrote:

@Bookplate  Thank you!!  I wasnt even aware that Zulily sold Beauty items, let alone Mally!  Smiley Happy

I believe I have seen Laura Geller and Peter Thomas Roth and Algenist and Philosophy here from time to time.

Honored Contributor

Whatever happened to Mally's business?  Bankrupt?  Mismanaged?

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Bookplate   well,  .. I'll be darned. 

Based on yr recommendation abt Mally, I took a more time today to "nose around Zulily," & I'm amazed!  .. at the many items, incl "Beauty," that are offered there, incl what you mentioned, Philosophy, bareMinerals, ProActive, Elemis, Perricone, Josie Maran, & of course yr "heads up" ... Mally!

I thought Zulily was only clothes!

It turns out,  Zulily offers "Home & Garden,"(Bed & Bath, Kitchen & Dining, Home DecorPatio, Garden & Plants,  . & Pets)

.... (even "live plants!" .. like "Cottage Farms!") ..

.... or "Home" items like "La Creuset," & "Fiesta" ..

.... Martha Stewart crafts, bergHOFF  Kitchenware, ....

*PET items!* --->  .. (incl a "V-Frame Sisal Cat Ball Scratching Post"  (which my kitties will LOVE, ( <-- now, already in my cart), <-- I've never seen a scratching post like this before!)

Then, there's  "Grocery & Pantry!!"  (Beverages, Snacks, Candy, Chocolates, Baking Supplies...)  incl BANTAM BAGELS!!  . and KETO picks..

...    and numerous innovative "Shark Tanks" picks!

@Bookplate       THANK YOU!! ..I'm amazed!   Smiley Very Happy

...   this is a MAJOR contribution, (esp to this unknowing, buyer!)

...  It's a veritable GOLD MINE of many categories, & items offered. 

...  It's like the beloved former "HauteLook" & ..   WELL BEYOND!!  ..

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Whatever happened to Mally's business?  Bankrupt?  Mismanaged?

~~~~~~~~~~~

@Katcat1  

WOW.. it hadnt even occurred to me abt any changes in Mally's business, but here is what I've found..

"AS Beauty Acquires Mally Beauty"

"NEW YORK, March 9, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- AS Beauty is proud to announce its recent acquisition of Mally Beauty, an award-winning cosmetics brand founded by celebrity makeup artist, author, and on-air personality Mally Roncal. "

"Is Mally Makeup Still In Business?"

It was disclosed in court documents that cosmetics company Mally was acquired by Beautygirl Visions LLC for $10 million as it struggled with debt owing to its bankruptcy. It was founded by Mally Roncal, who describes herself as an accomplished makeup artist.

@Katcat1 

Honesty, I dont know what to make of all this.

Look at the date of sale, over a year ago!  .  Not sure I noticed any changes since tho, or even if there will be any changes..  

I know some of Mally's products I have on A/D, or otherwise, sell out SOOO fast, per usual, IMHO, sometimes I never end up with the product, beyond the 1st A/D delivery, but that's nothing new, as far as I'm concerned.   I just believed that Mally's product were so popular, they sell out so fast!

Does anyone suspect, hypothesize any changes in continuing to buy any of Mally's products?

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell   It was very kind of you to look up the information.  Yes, when you go into business you need to manage it or hire a professional otherwise you won't have the business too long.  Mally was a sweet lady but more knowledgeable on the makup side of the business.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@TwinkleBell wrote:

@Bookplate   well,  .. I'll be darned. 

Based on yr recommendation abt Mally, I took a more time today to "nose around Zulily," & I'm amazed!  .. at the many items, incl "Beauty," that are offered there, incl what you mentioned, Philosophy, bareMinerals, ProActive, Elemis, Perricone, Josie Maran, & of course yr "heads up" ... Mally!

I thought Zulily was only clothes!

It turns out,  Zulily offers "Home & Garden,"(Bed & Bath, Kitchen & Dining, Home DecorPatio, Garden & Plants,  . & Pets)

.... (even "live plants!" .. like "Cottage Farms!") ..

.... or "Home" items like "La Creuset," & "Fiesta" ..

.... Martha Stewart crafts, bergHOFF  Kitchenware, ....

*PET items!* --->  .. (incl a "V-Frame Sisal Cat Ball Scratching Post"  (which my kitties will LOVE, ( <-- now, already in my cart), <-- I've never seen a scratching post like this before!)

Then, there's  "Grocery & Pantry!!"  (Beverages, Snacks, Candy, Chocolates, Baking Supplies...)  incl BANTAM BAGELS!!  . and KETO picks..

...    and numerous innovative "Shark Tanks" picks!

@Bookplate       THANK YOU!! ..I'm amazed!   Smiley Very Happy

...   this is a MAJOR contribution, (esp to this unknowing, buyer!)

...  It's a veritable GOLD MINE of many categories, & items offered. 

...  It's like the beloved former "HauteLook" & ..   WELL BEYOND!!  ..

@TwinkleBell You are certainly welcome.  Just be aware that Z's shipping makes Q's look speedy. And they do not include a return label with the orders, nor will they mail you one.  They will only email you a return label for you to print out.   

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@TwinkleBell   It was very kind of you to look up the information.  Yes, when you go into business you need to manage it or hire a professional otherwise you won't have the business too long.  Mally was a sweet lady but more knowledgeable on the makup side of the business.

~~~~~~~~~~~

@Katcat1   THANK YOU,   for this "heads up!"  Totally "knocked me over with a feather!"  ...  altho like you said, not surprised, esp since her Beauty knowledge & skills are so different, as opposed to managing a business.  That wld be the problem I wld have with my own business.  VERY different skills

But based on this new Mally info, I do believe I'll have to adjust my buying pattern with Mally products!  Already I'm kicking myself for not invoking some of my early A/D's,   altho    I did with only ONE of Mally's "undereye covers" last week, ...  and of course, that one product is already "SOLD OUT"     IN A HEARTBEAT!!

TO MALLY!!!!!

....  GURL!!   .. Mally.. please.. if u can, ....   KEEP offering us yr great products, somehow!  I dont want anything abt yr Beauty quality, & selection to change for anything but the better!!  ..

...   and continue to take great care of those wonderful children of yours, that we all watched you carry, while also taking care of our own BEAUTY NEEDS & TECHNIQUES!!!!    You're a super person!  GOOD LUCK!!!

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell   Nordstrom is giving 15% almost all of the makeup brands -- Bobbi Brown, Dior, Clinique, etc.

kindness is strength