Honored Contributor

Re: Mally and Awards Tonight

I found the show boring and as others have mentioned shocked that Mally, Laura and some other vendors won nothing when they have always been leaders. I really do not trust the results anyway. I turned the channel halfway thru.

Something is going on at the Q,,,seems there is a big shake up going on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

Honestly though, I don't care who wins, I'm going to use what I like and this "Award Show" has no effect on that. It's just another way to try to get our sales on QVC. I'm still sick of the high shipping charges on every single item. If I can find a better deal elsewhere then I'll go there in a second.

Honored Contributor

On 10/10/2014 ginabfly said:

Honestly though, I don't care who wins, I'm going to use what I like and this "Award Show" has no effect on that. It's just another way to try to get our sales on QVC. I'm still sick of the high shipping charges on every single item. If I can find a better deal elsewhere then I'll go there in a second.

Amen...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 10/10/2014 Trix said:

If QVC really wanted the customer to vote for the product they feel is best the ballot would not have nominees. The voter would just write in their favorite in the specific category. I truly get it that the votes should be limited to products sold by QVC -- otherwise they could not present the winner in a program intended to sell. The way it's presently set up is just a way for QVC to measure the votes against what their sales numbers are already telling them are the favorites. Nothing wrong with that as long as you vote and/or watch the show with that cynical perspective in mind.

I totally agree with this. I believe that votes are counted and determine the outcome. The manipulation is in the choices. L'occitane makes a good hand cream that is their signature product and gets good reviews here. If I recall, the other choices were from low profile brands on QVC so not much chance for a win. I think QVC might have preferred some exposure to their other well known makeup brands as has been the case in the past. Perhaps next year, things will be stacked differently.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not buying the ""winners"" of the beauty awards. Hard to believe that six of the major brands won zero. Soooo disappointing.

Super Contributor

is it known or mentioned anywhere that Mally is leaving ?

Honored Contributor

The Awards Show is "bull". If you check the guide, there are Philosophy and IT shows over the next several days so of course Jamie and the other reps for those products are "in town". And the EMJOI heel scraper? She's been on shows the last several days, too. I think the AWARDS is just another BEAUTY SHOW to sell beauty products...Reps running to the stage like they are so surprised they won.....SILLY...since the reps who didn't win their category are obviously NOT in the "wings" and made the trip to PA for nothing. QVC should give us more credit for knowing what's real and what's a "put up job".

Regular Contributor

I thought this show was a hoot! I only watched a few off the presentations but it totally cracked me up how they took themselves sooo seriously! It was like a bad Saturday Night Live skit! I don't believe for one minute that they are real. Regardless of how anyone voted - they chose their own products to promote and sell.....
Honored Contributor

On 10/10/2014 ginabfly said:

oh you really don't think some would buy the products just because they "won" a "qvc award," do you?

This is rhetorical question, btw. Wink

Awards of any kind have never gotten me to try a product. There is some degree of manipulation in all of them, imo. But yes, I use what I like and try what people I know and trust suggestion/use, not what a magazine, shopping channel or whatever tries to tell me is good.

Respected Contributor

Its about what is popular at the time. That is all.