Frequent Contributor

Mally Ulta Events - Question for those who have attended

Hi beauties!

I'm signed up for a Mally event at a local Ulta in two weeks and wondered if anyone else has gone and what it was like.

I asked the sales reps at the store, of course, but I kinda want to know the real scoop.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, Mallynistas!

Super Contributor

Re: Mally Ulta Events - Question for those who have attended

I like their Events! You get free stuff and you look good afterwards! I went to an Exuviance event and they even had drinks and food at that one. The events reminded me of a Mary Kay party. You will have fun!

Frequent Contributor

Awesome!!!! Thanks so much - now i'm thinking it's worth it for the early wake-up (starts at 8am)!!!

Thanks!!

Respected Contributor

I thought Mally's company went out of business.  I'm sure I read about it on these forums.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I thought Mally's company went out of business.  I'm sure I read about it on these forums.

Her company went through bankruptcy  and, I think, has new ownership.  Name remains the same and Mally is still on QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katesbff - I went to a Laura Geller one. I can tell you about that. Early Saturday morning we signed in, got coffee and donuts, and got a bag with goodies. One of Laura's (or one of the company who now owns her) directors of education, together with the local Ulta head mua, gave us a talk for about 30 minutes or so. They selected someone from the audience to be made up. Of course they selected a young girl who was pretty, but didn't have makeup on. They talked about the products as they used them on her. They would hold the product up, and if you wanted it an Ulta sua would get it for you. Following that, we went to the mua's for our makeovers. Most were Ulta staff. I chose the Ulta head mua who had just helped Laura's mua with her talk and makeover. He was great! About halfway through my makeover, Laura arrived. Of course everyone wanted pictures with her, and she obliged. Even I - who was half made up - jumped off my stool (I was afraid I would miss her!) She went around to each person, giving advice to the mua's, and generally mixed with the crowd. I found her charming and down to earth. I told her how much I liked champagne Spackle, and she was very interested in knowing everyone's favorite products. 

If I have any advice at all based on my experience, it's this: if you see something you like early on, grab it! Things were selling out quickly. If you're not 100% sure, you can always take it out of your "bag" later. The Ulta sales people were always right there ready to add something to your bag for you. There were a couple of things I missed out on, but I came home to my local Ulta and got them there! The ladies next to me put almost everything in their bag, but I noticed they took some things out later on. 

Have fun!!  Smiley Happy

(Mally is still the spokesperson for her line, but I believe the company hired the former head of Victoria's Secret cosmetics to be the one in charge of developing the products. I know a number of us have noticed a change in the products.) 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you soooo beach-mom! That's such wonderful advice!