Trusted Contributor

Anyone know what the brushes are made of or where they come from? There is no information on the make-up brushes. I think they are animal hair which I won't buy especially if "made in China". Website doesn't say ...

Frequent Contributor
Per the booklet, the brush is made in China but it doesn't say what it I'd made out of.
Super Contributor
On 7/29/2014 noonedelights said: Per the booklet, the brush is made in China but it doesn't say what it I'd made out of.
Mally said it was synthetic.
Trusted Contributor

Well I got a response from Mally and they are liars as far as animals are concerned. There is no way and it has been confirmed that these make-up brushes come from the fur farms in China and you can be sure that they don't nicely shave the animals ...

FROM MALLY - The hair that is used for most of our natural makeup brushes is goat or pony hair. These animals are not hurt in the process and their hair is grown out before it is cut. Once the hair is cut, it is washed, sterilized and brushed. We also created a synthetic brush collection (except for the Blender Brush), our Deluxe Brush Collection and Brush Cleaner. Most of the brushes are made in China.