Honored Contributor

Re: Mally TSV - who's buying and who's passing?

Pass. Love to watch Mally's shows but most of her products did not work for me and I hear the quality has gone done now that the company was sold so now I am even less tempted to try any more of her products.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1
Yes! It's the original! LOVE
Now I'm looking at brow products and looking for recommendations? Do you swear by anything?
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77 wrote:

I love some of Mally's products, but have never purchased a TSV in all these years.  This TSV is tempting me and I'm sitting on the fence.  I think the blush looks nice on the models.  I'm concerned the brushes aren't high enough quality.  The taupe shadow stick tempts me (of course!  I just wrote a post the other day about Mally's shadow sticks and my love of taupe).  The foundation looks interesting.  My foundation is either Paula's Choice Resist Super Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 or the old Physicians Formula Powder SPF 50.  I don't like heavy coverage or even medium coverage, yet I'm still tempted by the TSV foundation.  I wish this was available for pre-order so some reviews would have already rolled in.

Who's buying this TSV and who's passing?  I'm telling myself I don't need this TSV, yet I'm still sitting here on the fence.  Smiley Happy   

I haven't watched any of the shows but if she is claiming it is medium to heavy coverage and you don't like or need that, why would you still be tempted by it?

Her brushes, imo, are not great. I have a few from kits and stuff and every one is scratchy and/or loses hairs on  my face. Definitely not brushes I reach for regularly.

Honored Contributor

I'm an easy sell, but I will be sitting on my hands and pass! I thought the foundation made the model's skin shiny. Also I don't think 5 shades of foundation will match every skin tone. I also have more makeup than anyone should!

Respected Contributor

I didn't think it was a powder foundation - someone correct me if I'm wrong???

Contributor

I think it's a sort of hybrid cream/powder.  I'm wondering how that mesh net will work when you start using up the product. 

But anyhow, I ordered the set.  I've never tried this brand but need to buy foundation pretty soon so I thought I'd try it.  But holy cow, she's kind of exhausting to watch. What is all this "gorge-whaw!" instead of "gorgeous?"   Cat Surprised

Trusted Contributor

Easy pass for me.  I never cared for Mally before the company was sold. I never liked the fact that her make-up brushes were made from animal hair.  I don't want anything with animal hair from anywhere really, but especially from China.  The company claimed the animals were trimmed - YEAH, right!   And I've got a bridge to sell ya ...

Respected Contributor

@whatbudget1 - that's what I thought, like a cream to powder type of foundation, which I do like to use.  I wondered too, how the mesh would work once the product was down a bit. 

I wished they would have said more about this foundation.  I think I remember something about once it gets on your face, the warmth transforms it into what it is supposed to do and look like.  The models did look shiny, but I didn't know if it was from her trio of illuminating sticks she kept applying on them or the foundation.  It was very late when I saw this though!  I was half asleep!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@winamac1
Now I'm looking at brow products and looking for recommendations? Do you swear by anything?

There's a few new ones I found at Ulta and Sephora from Benefit teach.  One is a gel with a bottom pot and the handle sticks up.  I like that one.  I think it's $24.  I also like a new pencil from Maybelline--rare find that is a total winner.  When I get home from work, I'll check what the name is.  It is double ended and has the brow pencil on one end and a wax pencil on the other one.  I was so surprised to find how much I like it as I normally don't like pencils that much.  This one is really nice.  Those are the 2 I usually use, but I also like the Urban Decay brow product in the compact that has several colors and a wax.  I'm not sure if they make it anymore!

Mally's mascara is $10 online only at Ulta.  You may want to stock up.  I wish it was offered for $10 in the store and I'd buy 2 or 3!  I love her original mascara!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:
@winamac1

There's a few new ones I found at Ulta and Sephora from Benefit teach.  One is a gel with a bottom pot and the handle sticks up.  I like that one.  I think it's $24.  I also like a new pencil from Maybelline--rare find that is a total winner.  When I get home from work, I'll check what the name is.  It is double ended and has the brow pencil on one end and a wax pencil on the other one.  I was so surprised to find how much I like it as I normally don't like pencils that much.  This one is really nice.  Those are the 2 I usually use, but I also like the Urban Decay brow product in the compact that has several colors and a wax.  I'm not sure if they make it anymore!

Mally's mascara is $10 online only at Ulta.  You may want to stock up.  I wish it was offered for $10 in the store and I'd buy 2 or 3!  I love her original mascara!

THe formula has changed since she sold the company. Just FYI!