Occasional Contributor

Mally TSV review! (yeah, another one...^_^)

I know there's been other reviews on this TSV, but I thought I'd add my two cents. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

First, let me start by saying that I don't know what's wrong with QVC, but it took FOREVER for this to get to me. I ordered it two days before the actual TSV presentation and I only just got it today. {#emotions_dlg.angry} But eithe way, it's here now, and I REALLY like it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I was worried about this TSV because there were a couple of products I wasn't sure of, like the lip pencils, the eye amplifying shadow liner and the skin finisher, but I was pleasantly surprised. Here's what I thought of the products and how I used them: (Beware, I do mix other products to finish my look)

1. First, I used Mally's Cancellation Conditioning Concealer, it's my Holy Grail (HG) of concealers so I'm never without it.

2. Then I used my BE Foundation in Med Tan. (Yup...I love my BE as much as I love my Mally {#emotions_dlg.wub})

3. Then I did my brows with BE's brow color in Brunette (just filled them in and combed them through)

4. Then I used my amplifying shadow liner and lined my top lid all the way to my crease, smudging with my finger tip. The color is kind of a bronze with just a little bit of shimmer, and like most her products can be smudged only at the beginning, after that it's set. Because I'm tan, I wasn't sure if this color would look good on me, but it looks much nicer than I thought it would. It's a little bit dark so it works for a nice smoky eye, but not really for a more toned down morning look.

5. I lined my top and bottom lashes with the starlight eyeliner, which was one of the products I KNEW I would like since I love all her liners and as usual it is a creamy consistency, goes on smooth, and the color is a beautiful espresso brown color. Definitely working the smoky eye here.

6. Then I lined under my bottom lashes, from tear duct to end, with Mally's starlight liner in Golden. I use this to light up the inner corners of my eyes and to lighten the under eye area. You put it on the smudge it with a fingertip and it looks beautiful! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

7. I curled and used Mallys Volumizing Mascara (My HG of mascaras), just one coat on top. Trust me that is more than enough.

8. Then I used the iluuminating part of the blush on the top of my cheeks and the line down my nose and then brushed the blush part in the apples of my cheeks. The color is a lovely pink/rosy color, but it's VERY pigmented, so be carefull with using too much of the blush part. (I did at first....had to take some off)

9. Then I brushed the Skin finisher all over my face and I must admit that it felt pretty good. It feels like a really fine, soft finishing powder. Yeah, I kow she say's it's not a powder...but it IS. And that's okay, it is really nice, not heavy, not too matte, and makes my skin look very soft and finished so I don't care if it IS a powder. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

10. Finally the lips, I used the Urban Decay lip primer first and then put the lip magnifier in the Punch color. The color is a soft pink that barely shows on my lips. Probably because I'm darker skinned. I imagine some of you fair beauties would enjoy this color a bit more. Aside from the color (which is not my fave) I actually really like the concept of the lip magnifier. It DOES give a shiny almost gloss like appearance and feels really good on the lips. Now if only Mally had some darker colors I'd be in heaven with these. Kiss

Overall it's a VERY nice kit, definitely worth the price and it gives a nice kind of bronzy smoky eye which I think looks incredible, with soft pink cheeks (love it!) and pink/neutral lips (not my favorite color).

What do you beauties think?

Smile