Frequent Contributor
Hi all! Does anyone know the consistency of the foundation? I like powder foundation (I use Laura Geller twice-baked now) & would give this a try if it's not "wet". I can't tell from what Mally's saying! Cheesecake? What?!
Occasional Contributor

It looks like a sponge compact like the IT cosmetics cc In a compact with the sponge refills.

Regular Contributor

Re: Mally TSV September 6th

[ Edited ]

I ordered Mally's last TSV and could not send it back fast enough! My sister pre-ordered this TSV 9/5 and said the same thing about this set. Her experience is the foundation is extremely limited in colors (meaning color range) and it was NOT full coverage or long wearing at all. The mascara smudges very easily after 30mins of wear and the brushes were very poor quality and sparse...

I loved Mally's products before the company changed hands and truly feel these products do not deliver at all. I moved on to Laura Geller and love ALL her products so much and the fact that they are great quality and deliver and cruelty free, I'll stick to Laura 100%

Ladies please always feel free to make the choice for yourselves and this is only our experience with the Mally products "today" I love Mally and she is a wonderful lady and wish her only the best but my hard earned money is important to me and products have to perform and work in order for me to buy. JMHO.Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@happymom of 3 wrote:

It looks like a sponge compact like the IT cosmetics cc In a compact with the sponge refills.

I agree! I got it at the end of the presentation but the best I can tell is it is one of those powders they say "melts into a cream" when you use it. I've yet to find any product that became a cream from a powder, no matter how badly I wanted it to! I'd say you would be happy with it if you like powder foundation! But, ask the customer service rep to be sure it's what you want!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Frequent Contributor
Thank you all for your input - it's much appreciated! I ordered Mally's last TSV & was very happy with it (I liked the powder foundation included) but not enough to reorder. I love LG products the best but can't resist trying the "latest". I need little coverage - just some evening up & a finished look. I was about to order the Laura Geller Baked Elements to try but may give Mally a shot instead. Thank you again for your help!
Respected Contributor

Shade help?  I haven't ordered any Mally in a long time.  Is my memory correct that her Medium Shade runs on the darker side?  I'm generally between the two. so it's so hard to figure out.

Without actual swatches, I can't decide between the Light & Medium.  

Anyone?  Thank You In Advance.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

I was tempted because I've loved some of Mally's products in the past, but I didn't realize the company had been sold.  One major question I have is about the foundation. It looks like it has a sheen when it's on the skin and that doesn't look natural to me. Am I the only one who things the foundation has a strange sheen to it?

Esteemed Contributor

I have had such good product from Mally in the past. Ever since she sold, nothing has worked for me. I've ordered and returned. Today, I ordered her lip liner & lip pencil duo. After, I read the reviews. Not good. I don't want something drying; I don't want a dark liner and light lipstick, so I canceled. I like Mally and wish her good luck; I would like to order from her, but I'm sorry that I've just had to move on. She's just not consistent anymore. Once you could believe her selling technique, but now it's just overselling.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MizKringle wrote:

I was tempted because I've loved some of Mally's products in the past, but I didn't realize the company had been sold.  One major question I have is about the foundation. It looks like it has a sheen when it's on the skin and that doesn't look natural to me. Am I the only one who things the foundation has a strange sheen to it?

The foundation did have a strange sheen. They look so shiny or like the Tin Man IMHO! That is not a good look.

Respected Contributor

I thought all the models foundation color looked a bit off.  They were shiny as well which I don't really mind because you just use a setting powder to die that down.  The highlighter stick looked awful on the older women -- it's like they went right under the EYE and accentuated all of their wrinkles. 

The blush isn't as dark as I thought it would be - it's the only thing I'd be interested in trying.