Respected Contributor

Mally Poreless Face Defender

[ Edited ]

Ever since Mally sold her company the Poreless Face Defender is no longer made in Italy but in China. From many reviews I have read, the product is noticeably different and a much inferior product yet it will be sold for the same price.

This is a must have item for me. I'm freaking out because I'm running out. I didn't realize that her products would now be made in China.

Dear Mally, please go back to the original formula. This is one of your mainstay products. I hope everyone that loves and uses it can join the call for the original face defender to come back. QVC customers account for a large portion of sales. We want the same one we've been using for years.

Don't compromise on this product!!

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

Re: Mally Poreless Face Defender

@NycVixen - I know how you're feeling, as this was my HG product too! Unfortunately I don't think the product will be changing. Mally is no longer in charge of the company; she is its spokesperson. I don't think she has any say in the development of products with her name on them. When her company was sold the new owners brought in the former head of Victoria's Secret cosmetics to be in charge.  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom @NycVixen I've been using Skinn flawless plasma finish....think that's the name...which is a dupe.  I had only used Mally's bronze face defender and I didn't like the color very much, but liked the finish.

Respected Contributor

See if Perricone MD Instant Blur will work for you. It is great.

Respected Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@beach-mom @NycVixen I've been using Skinn flawless plasma finish....think that's the name...which is a dupe.  I had only used Mally's bronze face defender and I didn't like the color very much, but liked the finish.

@Suebdoo  Thank you so much for replying!!!! I'm so happy to hear there is now a viable dupe.

I will definitely look into this!!! Smiley Very Happy

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

@Jewel22 wrote:

See if Perricone MD Instant Blur will work for you. It is great.

Hi @Janey2 ! Many thanks for replying!! I will look into this product as well. You and @Suebdoo made my day!!! Smiley Very Happy

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Suebdoo  Thank you so much for replying!!!! I'm so happy to hear there is now a viable dupe.

@NycVixen @Suebdoo @beach-mom

I don't think the SKINN product is a good dupe. There is also a drugstore rule (can't recall the brand) that is similar to SKINN but not close to what Mally's original product was. 

I havent found anything close yet. There was another thread on the same subject a day of two ago and it suggested a few products that I have not tried. You might want to search to find it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@NycVixen @Suebdoo @beach-mom

I don't think the SKINN product is a good dupe. There is also a drugstore rule (can't recall the brand) that is similar to SKINN but not close to what Mally's original product was. 

I havent found anything close yet. There was another thread on the same subject a day of two ago and it suggested a few products that I have not tried. You might want to search to find it.

@willdob3 thanks for letting them know.  To me it was similar enough so I use it.  I just lightly touch my nose , chin and forehead though.  Please let us know what the other products are if you remember.

ETA to me it's just hard clear stuff that stops any shine. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NycVixen@Suebdoo@willdob3@Janey2 - The closest I've come to it is Dr. Feelgood Mattifying Balm by Benefit. I took my Mally compact in and an SA said this would be one to try. I didn't know anything about Benefit before. I'm on my second one!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks to all the replies. I was seriously freaking out over this. 

From researching both SKINN and Perricone, the latter looks the most promising. SKINN's contains several oils so I don't know how well that will mattify for me since I have oily skin. Perricone's contains Lactic Acid, which I already use and love (Good Genes Treatment).

It also contains several other anti-aging ingredients. It's so pricey at $55 for only 0.35 oz. It's new,  exclusive to Sephora and already sold out. If it works as well as Mally's, I will pay the price and be happy I've been saved. 

Thanks so much to all!!!  There is hope! 

~Live with Intention~