Frequent Contributor

Re: Mally July TSV...Just Got It

I think the Original Post just convinced me not to buy this kit.

Frequent Contributor

Mine should be in tomorrow,sounds like I better try it quick and decide what I'm going to do. I will report back after I try it and wear it all daySmiley Wink
Respected Contributor

On 7/11/2014 susan_ca said:

Mally Simple Steps to a U,You Love 7 Pc Collection

I used mine today as well. For me, got light and I am a light medium, neutral and the light is perfect for me, no yellow in it.

This is a very buildable foundation. I used the sponge all over very lightly for a more natural look which I got than took the tiny brush and used it around my eye area and nose area, works good like that to get into small places. I am sure this is one you can play around with but for me, happy on my first try.

I love the color of the lipstick, yes, soft pink rose but shows up great on me, called French Kiss.

The shadow stick is like a crayon, sort of a soft mink brown.

I also like the navy/black eye liner and much prefer that tiny brush on the other end over those sponge tip smudgers. Since I don't like black on me I applied it as close to my lash line as possible in tiny dots than used the brush. I did use a very light hand as I do with her deep olive eye lining pencil(my absolute fave). I did apply to the lower lash line as well in a regular manner, always were liner on the bottom and can use this color there although it did work for me using it as I did.

It comes with a sharpener for the eye lining pencil.

I didn't use the mascara but do have this already and is a favorite of mine. I just do either liner or mascara so I did the liner today.

I didn't use the under eye primer since I never use one but will try tomorrow(today for most of you) and see how it is but doubt I will need or use that but like everything else.

I put everything on at 4 PM and washed it off tonight(morning for most) at 4:50 AM so as you can see, it lasted for me.

I have dry sensitive skin and am on the light side of medium, far light side of medium but medium is way too dark for me even though at a Clinique counter the girl said I was a true medium, no way.

I am glad I went on AD since I am a happy camper with this one. I like everything in the kit other than the under eye primer which I didn't try yet since I have never used any. DH said he liked the look, very natural. He is a stickler for looking too bad up although sometimes I do like more drama with my eyes than just do it a bit heavier or deeper.

So, am now anxious to read more reviews since we are all so different.

Super Contributor

I am finding after using this for a few days that the brush actually gives more coverage for me, if I try and use the sponge for a heavier application it just sinks into the puff. I am really liking the color of the shadow stick, it really does brighten your eyes. Still on the fence about keeping this gonna use for a week or so and then decide. So, if you want more coverage, try using the brush!!!

Regular Contributor

On 7/11/2014 Lowry83 said:

I think the Original Post just convinced me not to buy this kit.

Me too! I have been hovering over the ""add to cart"" button on this one!

Respected Contributor

Second day of use.

I like everything in this July TSV Mally kit, think it will be the 29 th as a TSV.

I don't wear primer but today I did use the under eye primer and think anyone that uses or needs these will like this one, goes on very easy, smooth, no tugging and takes just a tiny bit. Really brightens up the under eye area. I will use this when I don't get enough sleep, lol, very nice.

I really like the foundation although today I did use my Real Techniques expert face brush which was perfect for putting this on, more control and used a lot less. Very natural look and my skin feels and looks great, not cakey or madeup and certainly not at all heavy which is a big plus for me. This foundation comes with a sponge and a tiny brush, tiny brush is good for around the eye area as well as the nose area and doesn't apply as much foundation as the sponge does BUT I will be using my Real Techniques expert face brush to apply this foundation, perfect.

The crayon type shadow is very soft, almost a soft mink brown which goes on smoothly and looks natural, would go for anyone I would think. I don't always wear shadow but Always wear liner but this shadow is nice, nice color, nice texture and gives the lids an even tone if you need that.

Normally I don't wear or like dark or deep color eye liners but today I used this new navy/black with a light hand than using the brush on the other end(nicer than those sponge tip smudge ends) went over the liner, worked great, gives a sort of smokey eye effect that looked good. You can get a soft smokey look or a deep sultry smokey look depending on how light or dark you apply the liner. I also used this on the lash line(sometimes I do the water line), also looked good. You also get a pencil sharpener.

I really like the soft rose/pink color of the lipstick)French Kiss) as well as the feel and texture when on and going on, very nice neutral color and soft looking but a definite color that's for sure, very nice. I really like this color.

I didn't use the mascara yet only because this is the mascara I already have and wear anytime I wear mascara, is my favorite mascara, natural looking, volume mascara but also natural looking, not those fake looking spider eyes which I don't like and doesn't flake. For me I wear Either eye liner OR mascara but not both, just me.

So, for me anyway, glad I went on AD for this kit, really like everything in it.

Occasional Contributor

Just thought I'd add my 0.02 about this kit...this is my first time using Mally's products before. A few months ago, I received one of her lip crayons in my Birchbox & was so not impressed with it. The color was wonky on me, it felt like grit on my lips and so I delegated it to my blog giveaway drawer. I was not hopeful at that point that Mally would work for me.

Then comes my July InsideQ, and I saw the TSV kit. It looked really cool, so I figured I would try again. I ordered it & it came yesterday (July 15). I applied most of the products this morning before work. I did my normal skincare, and then applied the foundation. I used the brush that came with it, and oh my gosh, do I like it! I felt it gave medium coverage, and covered everything really well. For reference, I ordered the Light and I have oily blemish prone skin, cool undertones and some serious redness/ruddiness all over my face. The foundation covered almost all my redness (I have never found a foundation that covers the redness completely). It felt like I wasn't wearing anything at all! The Under-Eye Brightener is now my Holy Grail product for my dark circles. They are quite dark & this product covered them beautifully. It applied smooth, was very easy to blend (I used my fingers) and just melted into my skin. Color me super impressed! I then applied my normal powder as a finisher (NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder) and my mug looked pretty flawless. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I used the Shadow Stick as sort of a liner. I applied it in a thick line all around my eyes. It is the most beautiful rose gold shade with a fair amount of silver shimmer. Like other posters have said, it really did brighten my eyes (I have hazel "chameleon" eyes). I curled my lashes & applied a coat of curling mascara, and then a coat of Mally Volumizing mascara. I beat them lashes into submission!! I normally have stick-straight lashes - I CURL them & then use a heated eyelash curler, then apply my mascara. Once I put Mally's on, my lashes actually stayed curled & flawless ALL DAY! Normally, my lashes start drooping within an hour or two after but not today, Baby!

The only products I haven't used yet are the Navy/Black eyeliner & the lipstick. I do not wear lipstick like ever, but I will try Mally's. It's such a pretty color. I'll probably use the liner tomorrow. I do love the brush on the eyeliner. It can even be used with loose eyeshadow (to line) like BE, OCC & MAC pigments or gel eyeliner. It's super precise.

There you have it. My thoughts on this TSV kit. I am loving it so much & am so glad I ordered it. I would highly recommend ordering & trying it. I know the foundation doesn't look like a lot, but it will last longer than you think. You only need a small amount for your whole face.

ETA: spelling/grammatical errors

Thanks for listening ~ I hope this review was helpful!!

Regular Contributor

On 7/16/2014 mrsivan2004 said:

Just thought I'd add my 0.02 about this kit...this is my first time using Mally's products before. A few months ago, I received one of her lip crayons in my Birchbox & was so not impressed with it. The color was wonky on me, it felt like grit on my lips and so I delegated it to my blog giveaway drawer. I was not hopeful at that point that Mally would work for me.

Then comes my July InsideQ, and I saw the TSV kit. It looked really cool, so I figured I would try again. I ordered it & it came yesterday (July 15). I applied most of the products this morning before work. I did my normal skincare, and then applied the foundation. I used the brush that came with it, and oh my gosh, do I like it! I felt it gave medium coverage, and covered everything really well. For reference, I ordered the Light and I have oily blemish prone skin, cool undertones and some serious redness/ruddiness all over my face. The foundation covered almost all my redness (I have never found a foundation that covers the redness completely). It felt like I wasn't wearing anything at all! The Under-Eye Brightener is now my Holy Grail product for my dark circles. They are quite dark & this product covered them beautifully. It applied smooth, was very easy to blend (I used my fingers) and just melted into my skin. Color me super impressed! I then applied my normal powder as a finisher (NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder) and my mug looked pretty flawless. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I used the Shadow Stick as sort of a liner. I applied it in a thick line all around my eyes. It is the most beautiful rose gold shade with a fair amount of silver shimmer. Like other posters have said, it really did brighten my eyes (I have hazel "chameleon" eyes). I curled my lashes & applied a coat of curling mascara, and then a coat of Mally Volumizing mascara. I beat them lashes into submission!! I normally have stick-straight lashes - I CURL them & then use a heated eyelash curler, then apply my mascara. Once I put Mally's on, my lashes actually stayed curled & flawless ALL DAY! Normally, my lashes start drooping within an hour or two after but not today, Baby!

The only products I haven't used yet are the Navy/Black eyeliner & the lipstick. I do not wear lipstick like ever, but I will try Mally's. It's such a pretty color. I'll probably use the liner tomorrow. I do love the brush on the eyeliner. It can even be used with loose eyeshadow (to line) like BE, OCC & MAC pigments or gel eyeliner. It's super precise.

There you have it. My thoughts on this TSV kit. I am loving it so much & am so glad I ordered it. I would highly recommend ordering & trying it. I know the foundation doesn't look like a lot, but it will last longer than you think. You only need a small amount for your whole face.

ETA: spelling/grammatical errors

Thanks for listening ~ I hope this review was helpful!!

Ahhh!!! Why did you have to post this and why did I have to read it?! I was going to pass this one by but you have me intrigued..... Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Hi, I received the kit in light, I'm natural in Bobbi Brown, but in the past whenever I ordered medium from Mally it was too dark. So I went to the light and it matches perfectly to my skin. .. im so excited! !!. I tried the whole kit but the liner yesterday and is gorgeous! !!! The only cons I see is that the foundation look like is very little, that is not gonna last for 30 days for sure. It looks like she poured liquid foundation in the compact and then put a sponge inside. So the sponge is wet with the liquid. .. I wonder how long is it gonna last. ??? Other than that is a great kit.
Super Contributor

I have been using this kit everyday since I got it, I have the same worry that the foundation will not last, besides the foundation issue and the color of the lipstick I do like everything else, so, do I keep it or not, that is the question. LOLSmiley Happy