Respected Contributor

Perricone has a new version just out, haven't seen any reviews yet. Predictably pricey at $55 for less product than Face Defender. 

Contributor

I agree with all of you on the face defender...very disappointed in performance.   Not near as bad as her new "coconut" foundation....it is just plain awful.  Doesnt cover a thing and leaves a weird texture on your skin.   But since you asked about the under eye cracking...try Tarte Shape Tape....a MIRACLE....absolutely wonderful.  I've tried so many things that say they dont crease, but this really doesnt.   And, I live in Florida!!

Honored Contributor

@racada wrote:

One more "former" fan here.  Used to love this product....but no longer!

This product has definitely changed since the sale of the company and it is highly disappointing for me.  Not sure how Mally can continue to sell this product knowing it is nowhere close to its former self.

@racada - She doesn't have any say in it. She is only the spokesperson for the company. I don't think she has creative control any longer. When her original company was bought out,  I read that the former head of Victoria Secret cosmetics was brought in to be in charge of development. 

Same with Laura Geller. I read an article where she stated that she wasn't happy with the way one of her products was being made, but she had to let it go.

The new owners of these once independent companies are more concerned with selling than they are with making a superior product - IMHO of course! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Reba954 wrote:

I agree with all of you on the face defender...very disappointed in performance.   Not near as bad as her new "coconut" foundation....it is just plain awful.  Doesnt cover a thing and leaves a weird texture on your skin.   But since you asked about the under eye cracking...try Tarte Shape Tape....a MIRACLE....absolutely wonderful.  I've tried so many things that say they dont crease, but this really doesnt.   And, I live in Florida!!

@Reba954 - Agree with you about Shape Tape. I love it and so does DD! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I'm aware Mally is now merely a salesperson and not an owner.  I guess I am just saying that I would not be able to "let it go" and sell the inferior version that the new owners are putting on the market.  Again, this new version is absolutely nowhere near the original.

Mally may have to continue to sell it......but I won't be continuing to buy it.

Trusted Contributor

MattEffect Blotting Perfector Mally's and other dupes of that product remove the foundation and makeup as well - not to my liking - as well as depositing a film on the skin, probably causing those of you experiencing breakouts.

I found this product by Murad which is a cushion compact which removes the shine and boasted as being non-comedogenic.  Found at Ulta, $39.00.  Worth taking a look - very different from anything I've ever seen.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mally Face Defender

[ Edited ]

I used to be a big fan of Mally's line. remember seeing the urgent Mally Girl LLC for sale notifications around the web after the banktrupcy and the ads clearly stated that Mally would be available to contract to represent the products. The quality of the shadow sticks I used to love has obviously changed; even the packaging feels cheaper. Her original white tube mascara was excellent, but the new mascara, "More is More" is nothing special, and applies worse than L'oreal mascara.

I anxiously purchased her first TSV after Beauty Visions purchased her company, and was shocked at how horrible the lippie was. It was a thick, white-based, sticky liquid lipstick that literally left strings between your lips if you opened your mouth after application and the powder foundation was HORRIBLE - talc-based and cakey.

There is a very serious disconnect going on. Mally must know that her products are not the same quality. I do love the H-3 lip crayons, however. I am just hesitant to purchase new items, now because the entire line is hit/miss = risky.

Honored Contributor

@KarenaJeannette - My experience exactly too! I bought the first TSV and was thrilled when I saw the Face Defender come back. Definitely not the same. I used almost everything she made at one time - hers was my first QVC TSV many years ago, and I was hooked. Her mascara was the best I'd ever used, and I was used to Lancome's, which is also not what it used to be. I've moved on to Kristofer Buckle - I really like his. I haven't bought a Mally product since the first TSV after her company was sold. 

I'm sure she's heartbroken about the change in her products, but there's not much she can do. She probably concentrates on her teaching more and her celebrity clients, when she uses other brands too. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi @beach-mom - Thanks so much for your comments! Good to know that the Buckle mascara is very good. I see lots of the reviews are much lower than her original line, so I think people have caught on. I was so sorry to see the white tube mascara go!! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. Woman Very Happy