Honored Contributor

Is it all that?  I saw a presentation of it the other day when it was the Big Deal at QVC2 as part of a kit.  At first, I thought it was rather neat, but then she kept applying to the same person she had already applied to.  I always have a problem when they do that especially when they claim how long-lasting the product is.  Usually, it's lipstick.  She didn't say whether it was long-lasting or not, but I know I wouldn't want to have to keep re-applying to product to get the effect I want.

Esteemed Contributor

It has silicone and can give you whiteheads.  Mally has moved her production to China.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess - It is all that! That is, IF the new owners have not switched the formula. This is my HG product. I wear it all of the time, even if I'm not wearing makeup. It feels good, and it gives my skin a soft and pretty look. 

I stocked up on it when she sold her company. She did come out with another, tinted version, and I got that to try. I was disappointed in it. It wasn't the same at all. 

If you do get it, remember to dab the sponge in the product - don't rub. Then pat it on your face, again not rubbing. You'll be amazed at how good it makes your face look! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I liked it when it was relatively new, but mine seemed to dry out as I reached the middle of the supply level even though I kept it closed tightly.  I did not repurchase.  

Esteemed Contributor

ITA with @beach-mom about the technique!  If you try, be sure to pat it when applying instead of rubbing it on your face.  That makes a big difference!

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy watching Mally, but I do not like her makeup at all.

I recently purchased her waterproof eyeliner pencil - where they demonstrate by rubbing the color that has been placed on the model's hand and it doesn't move.  Guess what - it does move.  It's going back.

Trusted Contributor

I was disappointed with this product. It seemed to make my foundation look old, like it had been on all day. I'm still trying to use it, reading tips on how to do it right. I hate to send things back, or this would've gone. I always feel like I spent money to get it & to return, and am left with nothing. 

I surely won't buy this again. ☹️

Respected Contributor

It used to be my HG product but it changed when it started being manufactured in China. Even though the ingredients are the same(last time I checked), it just doesn't adhere as well to the sponge or apply as well for me. I've gone back to Bye Bye Pores and I am living with a little more shine.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mally Face Defender

[ Edited ]

I see she has a couple of Defender products.  If you're talking about Mally's Defender BB cream, I really like this product, use it fairly regularly.  I trade off between this, Dr Denese SPF30 tinted moisturizer, and It SPF 50 CC cream. 

Regular Contributor

I don't get it.  Maybe mine is defective.  I bought the kit that included this with the sponge.  It's like wax!  I can't even get the sponge to pick up any product.  I thought maybe there was a thin film covering the product that I needed to remove, but there doesn't seem to be any film.  What am I doing wrong?  Doesn't matter how many times i PAT the sponge on the product......might as well be patting a candle.