Honored Contributor

Re: Mally Evercolor Shadow Sticks?

@Lucky Dog- I know!  Neither could I and I even had a $5 coupon I could've used.  But with the five I already have and another 8 on the way, I just couldn't justify it, even for the three matte shades.

And to make it "worse", now the Q is offering free shipping on the ones I ordered (along with about 6 other orders I placed, not knowing this free S&H was coming).  

I'll see what I think of the Q's set, when I get it.  If they're too close to what I already have, I may return them and pick up the set at Kohl's.

Super Contributor

@Venezia, I think the set I got from Kohl's has some nice colors.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

After all your suggestions, my sister called and said she has a Mally eyeshadow stick in Champagne that she never wore. She offered it to me, so she's going to give it to me when we get together for the holiday.

So, now I can't wait to try it, and thank you so much to all you Mally ladies for your help!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I did get the set.  They are shimmery, but with a very light hand, they are nice.  They have all day staying power for me.  I'm happy with the purchase.  Thanks Ladies.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

For anyone else interested in trying Mally's Shadow Sticks without investing too much, I was just in Kohl's today and they had a set of six for $25!  I couldn't believe it.  It was three regular and three matte.  If I hadn't ordered the set of 8 from QVC, I would've snapped these up in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, some of the colors would've been duplicates for me.  Smiley Sad

@Venezia- I was lucky enough to find that set of 8 Shadow Sticks on Kohl's online reduced to $15.00!  I had to travel a bit of a distance to pick it up at the Kohl's in the next county, BUT we had tickets for a show last Sunday just around the corner from that Kohl's so it was easy peasy. I didn't even have to wait in line at customer service; there was a special line for pick-ups only. I walked in and walked out. The matte colors are really nice. I'm not wild for the sparkly ones, but they are okay, especially for that price!

Honored Contributor

@sunala- I looked at Kohl's online back when I found the set of six in-store and came up with nothing at all.  I'd say you were super lucky to find those!

Enjoy.  (You said you found a set of 8 at Kohl's, but did you mean the set of 6 that I posted about?)

I'm going to check again after I log off from here!

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@sunala- I looked at Kohl's online back when I found the set of six in-store and came up with nothing at all.  I'd say you were super lucky to find those!

Enjoy.  (You said you found a set of 8 at Kohl's, but did you mean the set of 6 that I posted about?)

I'm going to check again after I log off from here!

@Veneziahi, I was wrong; it is a set of SIX sticks. Three are sparkly and three are matte, including Thistle, Dune, and Timeless Taupe. The three sparkly ones are Sand Drift, Champagne, and Burnished Bronze. Sorry for the mixup!

I really like the matte sticks. I'm not wild about the sparkly ones, but I'll do what I can with them. I'd like to find another set with just matte, but I don't think there is such a thing. Would you know anything about it?

I'm starting to learn how to use them. I found that looking down into the mirror gives me a better view of my eyelids and I can make the darker color go into the crease much better. It's going to take a while, but with the long dark winter coming up, I'll have plenty of time to play.

I think I may have gotten that very last set of six sticks in Kohl's. But there may be some more around the country!

Thanks again!

Again, sorry for the mixup!

Valued Contributor

I just got a pack of six of her shadow sticks recently. They come with shimmery shades. I do like them and wear them everyday. They are very easy to put on. I prefer them right now rather than spending 15 minutes to do my eyeshadow which can become very time consuming and i lose my patience after a while. You can also line the dark colors and make it your eye liner as well. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

@sunala- Other than in mixed sets, I've only seen the matte shades sold separately and they're pricey at $25 each.  I actually like the shimmery ones.  I don't find them too shimmery; they just lighten up the eye area for me.

I hope you have fun with these!  I like them so much better than all the powder eyeshadows I have and they last right through the day.

Valued Contributor

I am glad someone asked hw these shadows are. Now, I have used them in my ULTA store, rubbed some shadow from a sampler on my hand and walked around the store, trying to rub it off. It would not come off. But I have oily eyelids and wonder how it does with that.