Esteemed Contributor

Mally Evercolor Shadow Sticks?

Has anyone used them and have an opinion about them? I was watching some Mally videos and thought I'd like to try them. But I do not have smooth eyelids, being of "a certain age."

I loved the Pink Champagne and the Moonlight. I would try a few of the others but they're a little pricey.

I have a shoebox filled with Bare Escentuals shadows, shimmers and glimmers. I think I could get a similar effect with them but I haven't worn them in a good ten years, if not more.

I'm just thinking of changing things up a little. What do you think?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Mally Evercolor Shadow Sticks?

@sunala wrote:

Has anyone used them and have an opinion about them? I was watching some Mally videos and thought I'd like to try them. But I do not have smooth eyelids, being of "a certain age."

I loved the Pink Champagne and the Moonlight. I would try a few of the others but they're a little pricey.

I have a shoebox filled with Bare Escentuals shadows, shimmers and glimmers. I think I could get a similar effect with them but I haven't worn them in a good ten years, if not more.

I'm just thinking of changing things up a little. What do you think?

Hi @sunala - I've tried he shadow sticks but there are other eyeshadows I like better.  I'm not opposed to some shimmer, but you're right, at our age we need to be careful.  To smooth your lid, I would recommend Isomers Eyelid Exfoliator.  I can't say I'm a huge fan of the brand overall, but this is one product of theirs that I have stuck with.  You also need to keep your lids moisturized.  Placement of your eyeshadow is important too.  Shimmery shadow in the wrong place could accentuate any crepiness. I limit the shimmer to the mobile lid (preferrably the inner third or half) and use the velvet (non shimmery) versions on the rest of your lid.  That said, you could use your Bare Minerals following the same placement guidelines.  

Honored Contributor

I do like them.  I use the taupe every day.  To smooth the eyelids, Perricone No Eyeshadow Eyeshadow does that.  It really isn't an eyeshadow but more of a primer.

Valued Contributor

I really like Mally's shadow sticks.  They have great staying power.  They brighten the dark corners of the lid, and they last all day.  Her taupe shade is beautiful.  I wear it almost daily.  

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the old formula of Mally eye shadow sticks, before she sold her company.  I wore her taupe stick almost every day for years.  The color lasted all day.  Mally's new eye shadow sticks are too shimmery for my taste.  I've tried a couple of the neutral colors, but ended up tossing them because of the added sparkle.  (I like sparkle, just not on my eyelids!)  I found a brand called Kiko Milano that has a nice matte taupe that I can wear every day.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

I love the color sticks for your eyes and  I am 68 yrs. old.  Try using a primer for your eyes before aplying (sp) your color.  I hope this helps you

Respected Contributor

i really like them.    i have really greasy eyelids and even primers do not help with staying power.    i have discovered, however, that i can use the mally shadows without primer and they stay!  my favorites are rosy taupe and smoky quartz.     and as a bonus, i sometimes use marina as an eleliner! 

Honored Contributor

@sunala

I love them as well.  Wear them almost everyday and they never dull, streak or crease and on me, literally last all day.  So quick and easy to put on.

Besides the primers others suggested....sometimes I use her matte shadows to 'tone' down the shimmer a tad.

Actually, I have found that a bit of shimmer makes my eyes look brighter, younger and more awake.  Now, I don't want SPARKLE or GLITTER....but these sticks have just the right colors for me.

Maybe you could purchase just one to try at Ulta, or somewhere you could return it without losing your original shipping or return shipping.

I rarely ever try new makeup at Q anymore since I do not want to lose a possible $9.95 or more just to try something. 

At Q, I only purchase tried and true items such as these.  The combo packs  make a savings.

Respected Contributor

@sunala  You might want to wait to purchase these.  Ulta has Mally Shadow Stick often for their 21 days of Beauty for more than half off.  Or you can try it in a kit A346751 six piece for $42 right now on QVC.

Valued Contributor

I love Mally's shadow sticks because they last alllll day long and they stay put. I use the Timeless Taupe in my eyebrows and would never be without that color. Definitely worth giving a try.