Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Mally Evercolor Shadow Sticks?

I liked her shadow sticks and all her cosmetic items until she sold her company.  The newer shadow sticks (and other items) are not the same quality.   I returned my last two purchases of her items and won't try again.  I bought a set of Laura Mercier shadow sticks--4 in set.  I like them.  They last very well but they do have shimmer.  Also, I never use a primer with any brand of shadow sticks; works better for me that way.

Honored Contributor

@sunala  I would not purchase Mally.  Pricey but not the quality.  Try Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@sunalaI don't have Mally's sticks but I do have shadow sticks from other brands. I hardly reach for them. I find if some are too shimmery that there is time to pat them with your finger to tone the shimmer down. I would rather use my shimmer shadows from my pallettes, I use the shimmer just on the lid. I first use a matte transition shade on the crease & slightly above & so forth & get a more softer look. I def. would get your Bare Essentuals shimmers out of retirement. Another thing, I don't like matte sticks for the crease or outer corners at all. But thats just me. I am not a big shadow stick fan.

Esteemed Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I am glad someone asked hw these shadows are. Now, I have used them in my ULTA store, rubbed some shadow from a sampler on my hand and walked around the store, trying to rub it off. It would not come off. But I have oily eyelids and wonder how it does with that.

@LisaMofSLC- trust me when I tell you they really are "bulletproof" and do not come off!! I have to use my eye makeup remover a few times to get it all off. I also use the Mally gel eyeliners, which I love and are bulletproof as well. Her stuff is made to last!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@sunala  I would not purchase Mally.  Pricey but not the quality.  Try Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier.

@Katcat1- thanks for the heads up, but I'm done buying all eye makeup. After buying the set of 8 sticks from Mally from QVC and the set of 6 I got cheaply from Kohl's, plus all the Bare Minerals I have, I'm good for the next 100 years or so!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@sunalaI don't have Mally's sticks but I do have shadow sticks from other brands. I hardly reach for them. I find if some are too shimmery that there is time to pat them with your finger to tone the shimmer down. I would rather use my shimmer shadows from my pallettes, I use the shimmer just on the lid. I first use a matte transition shade on the crease & slightly above & so forth & get a more softer look. I def. would get your Bare Essentuals shimmers out of retirement. Another thing, I don't like matte sticks for the crease or outer corners at all. But thats just me. I am not a big shadow stick fan.

@Kabella- sorry it took so long for me to respond but I never saw your message. To me, there is a major difference between "shimmer" and the sparkles. Shimmer can look really pretty, but some that I have are sparkly, which to me looks like teenage Disney makeup! Plus, it starts on the eyelid and then gravitates to the upper eye and all around the eye to my cheeks. Definitely not for me. I put those aside and just use the velvet, matte sticks and I like those a lot.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@sunala wrote:

Has anyone used them and have an opinion about them? I was watching some Mally videos and thought I'd like to try them. But I do not have smooth eyelids, being of "a certain age."

I loved the Pink Champagne and the Moonlight. I would try a few of the others but they're a little pricey.

I have a shoebox filled with Bare Escentuals shadows, shimmers and glimmers. I think I could get a similar effect with them but I haven't worn them in a good ten years, if not more.

I'm just thinking of changing things up a little. What do you think?

@sunala  Good morning. I haven’t tried the Mally Evercolor Sticks because they are mostly shimmer...not great unless lids are “young” and smoothe. If you want to try matte waterproof, shadow sticks I suggest Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and TRISH McEvoy. They all offer matte shades. 

I just bought the new Stila Suede Shade Matte Liquid Eyeshadows and absolutely love them. Mally's never would dry down enough on my lids. The Stila do without being drying to the lid. I bought Smokey Silk and Bust A Mauve. They are pricey at $24 each but I think they are definitely worth the price.

Trusted Contributor

I love her old shadow sticks. Now I go with Trish McEvoy's. Not as much of a selection, but they last all day on me.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Contributor

Hi, Mally shadow sticks are on sale for $10 on Kohl's website. I think it is a great price. good time to stock up.