Occasional Contributor

Mally “Defend Your Beauty” 9/23/11 TSV Detail Review

Let me start by first thanking beach-mom, mavdrkangl2 and smileshannon {#emotions_dlg.wub} for taking the time to answer my question last week and recommending the Face Defender, which prompted me to preorder this TSV (A220782). I’ve been wearing the new shades for two days and they are beyond fabulous!! Smile

.06 oz Evercolor Shadow Stick in Violet: This is SUCH a pretty and flattering shade for my dark brown eyes. The violet is muted and slightly shimmery (not glittery at all) and just brightens up the eyes! I’m so glad it isn’t remotely red based because those shades of purple/violet tend to make me look tired. I compared it to Rosy Taupe and while the shades are somewhat in the same color family, Violet definitely has more of a mauve/pinkish hue. I think it’s a very wearable anytime shade and would look great amped up with Plum or Deep Plum in the crease for a smokey nighttime look.

.21 oz Face Defender Blush in Pink Perfection: Ok I won’t lie, the bright coral color in the pan scared me a little but the blush is actually quite sheer and the texture is so smooth and velvety. It goes on like a dream! I applied with my fingers and loved how I could build the color to my desired intensity.

.21 oz Face Defender Highlighter in Gorgois Glow: The Purelight highlighter in Mally’s Just Heaven kit is still my favorite but this is a close second. Again I really liked the velvety texture and the control in application. The shade is a very soft gold champagne and gives a sheer, undetectable glow. I think this will be perfect for a daytime, work appropriate look.

.12 oz Volumizing Lip Gloss in Flirty: Universally flattering pink with a glossy finish. This definitely has much better color payoff than Mally’s Glow or Just Heaven. I tend to steer away from cool pinks and while Flirty is somewhat close to Starburst (but a tad lighter pink) and not as mauve as Orchid, I think it will flatter both warm and cool complexions. The micro golden flecks visible in the tube are undetectable on the lips after application.

.01 oz Evercolor Automatic Eyeliner in Black Cherry: I’m a big fan of these automatic eyeliners and this shade is quite unique. I compared it to Plum and Royal Plum (Starlight liner) and it’s totally different. The hint of black in this shade makes it a bit smokier and perfect for giving definition to the eyes without using straight black shades like Onyx or Black Velvet. Again, perfect for daytime wear or a softer smokey look.

.39 fl. oz Volumizing Mascara in Black: In my humble opinion, this is the BEST mascara hands down for volume/length and I’ve tried numerous dept store, drugstore, and high end brands.

.41 oz Face Defender Travel Size & sponge: I was searching for a makeup finisher type of product and this fits the bill perfectly! I love the texture of the product and how it mattifies without shifting the rest of my makeup. Today is only day 2 but I’m already beginning to see why the Face Defender continues to be one of the best sellers in Mally’s line. Thanks again to the lovely ladies for recommending this gem! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Oh and the crossbody bag in pewter is absolutely adorable! It's soft and supple, has good organization - a divider and slip-on pocket in the front, and the perfect size to bring along while running errands on the weekends!